z

Young Writers Society

Explosion

Reviews: 2
Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 am
View Likes
Shakespeare says...

Here's another one of my planet scenes. I hope you all like it!

Exploding Planet.jpg

Thanks,
Monkeyswagg

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 pm
View Likes
Love says...

Hm... The texture is lame. What did you use to create this? I would recommend Vue for planetary scenes. Not exactly realistic... Also, it seems that there is only debris from half of the planet? There appears not to be a second half behind that which is facing the camera...

I myself have made some planetary images, but of earth in 3DS max. Not to show off :? , but here they if you are curious:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
I was Amareth :)

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 pm
View Likes
shiney1 says...

Okay, this is a nice attempt.

But I think you need to add more detail to your planet before doing anything else. It looks very bland, like a green ball.

ALso, the chunks are all too big. To be more realistic, you need to makes smaller chunks, only a few large fragments, and many small dots to serve as the small debri.

I think debries from half the planet it okay, because it looks like the explosion only happened in a particular area. But you really need to improve on that half.

But do not be discouraged, improve on it :)
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs