z

Young Writers Society

Music in the Sun

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:18 am
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Yaaaaaaaa I'm soooo happy with how this turned out ^^ and I only worked on it for maybe.... two hours? Maybe less ^^ yayy I'm getting faster~

This is an OC.... he is nameless.

If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:42 am
Payne says...

It's going to be a challenge finding anything to critique here. It's just fantastic overall.

Just a few minor details that I noticed: First off, a few of his fingers are a little awkward. The last joint of the little finger should actually be bent somewhat. Also, the index finger looks a little odd, like the joint might be too far up. Right now, it looks like a flesh-colored triangle. Other than that, it looks great. I know that hands can be one of the hardest-to-draw parts of the human anatomy, but you obviously have a knack for it.

Also, there are three black scrawled-looking lines above his left eye. I was just wondering what they were supposed to be?

(I had to strain a bit to find those nitpicks)

This seriously looks like professional quality artwork...I mean, when I first saw it, I did that awed 'stare-at-it-for-five-minutes-before-reviewing' thing. The eye alone is stunning.

Keep up the excellent work! Please let me know if you decide to post more; I thoroughly enjoy viewing your artwork.
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

Reviews: 4
Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:18 pm
View Likes
munchkin says...

I love the colors and his expression are awesome! :D
The only thing I would change a little is the left side of his hair, I wouldn't make it as pointy at the top.

Nice job! Love it!!
Keep drawing!

Munchkin
Someone just needs a high five.... In the face... With a chair.

8F

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:27 am
ShootingStars says...

Wow, this is a really good drawing! Most of the proportions are just right, the colors flow well together, and it stands out to me. Great job overall! :D
Just a few things I noticed, both good and bad:

1) The hair at the top is parted and very pointed, so it looks a bit off. Maybe soften it slightly?

2) The colors are amazing, and the shadow and light details are perfect!

3) What are the three slashes above his left eyebrow?

4) His face seems just a little bit too small for his neck and body, making it look slightly odd, but maybe that's just me.

5) I have to say, his eye is very well drawn! It's great.

This is a professional-looking piece of art! You can feel the energy and excitement taking place. Awesome work overall! :)
---Shooting Stars
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:33 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

I'm also going to say that the colors look really nice and I can see lots of improvement with your shading :) Again, I'd say if you wanted to kick the coloring up a notch, experiment with overlay and shading layers.

I've got two critiques, though. One is that I'm not sure if this is a guy or a girl. Originally I thought it was a guy, but the black lines above the eye remind me of barrettes and the face in general looks soft.

Second is that I really love the flowy-ness of the hair. The strands that come over the shoulders look really nice and I love the shine you added. But it's hard to tell what the hairstyle is. I mean, it looks like it's long in the front, but next to the neck there is no hair showing in the back of the head. So is it ear-length in the back with long strands in the front? It's kind of confusing. Also, the top of the hair looks really funny. That giant part needs to get flattened out. x)

For a 2 hour drawing this is really cool! Keep it up :)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:59 am
AlfredSymon says...

Wow! There's nothing to hate here! I give each area a Like!

The background really brings him out. There is a silliness and naughtiness in him, but he seems to be emanating an aura of enjoying his time. Carefree and open!

Kudos: :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :-D

Oh yeah, congratulations on developing your sketching speed! It must be hard with all those colors and whatnot! (And you heard this from an inexpert!)

Your white sheep,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Time is not your best friend - unless you use it wisely.
— Marco Pierre White