z

Young Writers Society

Crimsona's Photography

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:57 am
Crimsona says...

I'm back! But not for long, just to review a few things and see what you think of my new photographs! Enjoy, and of course, if you really like them, you can watch me on dA - http://optimistar.deviantart.com/

Hidden Depths
Spoiler! :

Life Long Sleep
Spoiler! :

Vintage
Spoiler! :

A Love of Denim
Spoiler! :

A Christmas Outcast
Spoiler! :

A Meeting Concerning Christmas
Spoiler! :

Peaceful Flowers
Spoiler! :

A Subtle Beauty
Spoiler! :

Starry Starry Light
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Crimsona on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar (c) to Thalia - A great friend of mine

Reviews: 3
Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:01 am
SputnikSweetheart says...

Hello! I love your photography. Your camera angles as well as your subject matter are very simple, but elegant. It is rare when a photographer's personality shines through their work, but I see yours here.

However, light could have been utilised better in your ornament photographs. They seem rather stilted without dimension and shadow that light can give to objects.

Your pictures are very commercial, and do not take this as a bad thing, simply that they're very appealing in a very uncomplicated way.

Great Work,
Sputnik
Time expands, then contracts, all in tune with the stirrings of the heart.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:11 am
LemonyIce says...

Hey Crimsona~

I'm just here to say that I love your photographs. They're really beautiful and I love all of them. Though, I would have to say that my favourite is the first one. The captions that you've given suit the pictures very well.

Just one thing, though. I'm not a very good photographer, but I think you could have taken the picture of the yellow flowers from a different angle. It might look a little brighter that way.

Besides that, I really liked these photos! :D

~HPR~
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

83 Reviews

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 pm
View Likes
Crimsona says...

Thank you both for your feedback! I do agree with you Sputnik, the lighting could have been better. And HPR you're right about the yellow flowers, they're quite dark and a little blurry which probably could be improved upon! (Oh dear, seems I really need to work on my lighting!)

Thanks again!

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:23 pm
Niebla says...

Hey Crimsona,

Wow -- I absolutely love these! You use such lovely subjects, backgrounds, colours, angles -- everything. My favourite is probably the one of the blue flowers. It's true that photographs of flowers can sometimes get a little dull -- but this one isn't at all. I just love the angle you've chosen, and the way the flowers at the front are so in focus, while the slightly less-in-focus flowers behind create such a lovely contrast and background. The colour is lovely, too.

The first photograph is lovely. I love the contrast of the red sequin heart against the denim. Also, it's quite a unique photo -- I've never really seen anything like it before! I do, however, think that this picture might look a bit nicer if it was a tiny bit brighter -- if you'd experimented with the light you were taking it in a little more.

In the second picture, again, the colours are so lovely! The angle is wonderful, and again I love the way you've focused the camera on the ornament on the side. The glitter on the surface also helps makes the picture a beautiful and unique one. It adds interest, but doesn't distract too much from the main subject.

I also love the third picture, but I have to say that I prefer the second one to it. I think it's just the angle, to be honest -- although the angle in the third one is also interesting, I just prefer the way you've focused on a single one in the second photograph.

The fifth picture is lovely too, but I don't think you've made quite as good use of the angle and lighting in it as you have in the other pictures. As others have mentioned the light could certainly be a little better, and the angle could be experimented with a bit. The out of focus flowers in the background of this one bother me just a little for some reason. Still, it's a lovely photograph.

The last photograph is beautiful. It's such a unique angle and a lovely picture to look at. It's also a very seasonal, wintry photograph -- the colours are so icy. I absolutely love the colours you've used.

Overall -- wow! These are absolutely amazing. Definitely keep taking photographs! My only suggestions would be to try experimenting with the angles and lighting especially even more than you already have done. These are amazing, and you can only get better. :)

~MorningMist~

83 Reviews

Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:59 pm
Crimsona says...

Thank you so very much for your feedback! It's so useful to hear suggestions and critiques from others as they can really help me improve! Thanks again, MorningMist. :D

83 Reviews

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:14 pm
Crimsona says...

-New Photos Have Been Added-

83 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:20 pm
Crimsona says...

-new photos have been added and old ones removed-

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:08 pm
View Likes
unsocialbutterfly says...

Hey Crimsona!
First of all I can't see Hidden Depths or Life Long Sleep for some reason :/ so I'm bummed about that. SO besides those two I love your pictures! My favorite is a Meeting Concerning Christmas.
♥unsocialbutterfly♥

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson