z

Young Writers Society

The Archer.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:14 pm
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Yeah, so this is the second drawing from my brand new tablet. The first was just a crappy drawing of an anime girl's head, but this picture has everything! I was experimenting to the extreme haha

He does not actually have a name, so if you would kindly suggest some, I'd be very happy! At first he was just going to be a dude standing there, but his posture looked like he needed to being holding something important so I added a bow and arrows, but then I didn't know what clothes to put on him, and basically just said "Screw it! You're pretending to be Robin Hood, now" haha

Without further ado, here's my baby!
Attachments
Drawing number 2.Jpg
Drawing number 2.Jpg (45.1 KiB) Viewed 158 times
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:16 am
AlfredSymon says...

Swoosh! Ugh *duck*. Hey be careful with the arrows! Let me give you a review instead!

Face: :D :D :D :?
The face was finely made. The color looked natural even though it was made on a tablet. The only problems is that it didn't look normal. The head was angled a bit to the right, which opposes to the face which is on left. Also, the eyes were a bit to high, making the bangs a bit impossible. But I do like it anyway!

Body: :D :D :D :)
The body was almost perfect. I love the color splash. I also like the simplicity of the tunic. The shoulders were a bit out of angle though...

Appendages: :D :D :D :)
The arrow was large enough to be proportional to the body. A point for that. The boots were a nice touch too! The grass seemed very natural. How about adding more to the background?

Overall: :D :D :D :) :)
It was enough to impress me, but it needs more to have a perfect smile-o-meter. It is actually very great because you made it in a tablet, but it seemed natural. Just a little more!

Keep it up, (and be careful with those arrows)
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 am
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

love love love love love love love

He is so pretty! His hair is so shiny! The arrows look feathery! The pose looks all... mighty! xD

You are already able to draw things that took me a while to figure out myself. I swear, it must've taken me a year to actually start drawing kneecaps. And I know you are better at me at drawing hands x) It really feels like you worked hard and put a lot of effort into this one. The concept behind this is great.

I have to say that I don't know what the white thing on his face is. At first, I thought it was one of those bandit-bandannas that usually go over your nose as well and was just placed too low here. But then it started looking more like bandages to me. I think it's really hard to find where his chin is in this picture and it threw me off a little.

Love love love his expression btw, but if we get down to the anatomy here, the eyes and ears should be a teensy bit further down his face. I usually aim them to be exactly halfway, if not a little below to add room for bangs.

But seriously, not much at all to critique. I'm so proud of you on this one ^_^

ps- keep making backgrounds, they look great!
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:44 am
Mickixoxo says...

xXTheBlackSheepXx wrote:love love love love love love love

He is so pretty! His hair is so shiny! The arrows look feathery! The pose looks all... mighty! xD

You are already able to draw things that took me a while to figure out myself. I swear, it must've taken me a year to actually start drawing kneecaps. And I know you are better at me at drawing hands x) It really feels like you worked hard and put a lot of effort into this one. The concept behind this is great.

I have to say that I don't know what the white thing on his face is. At first, I thought it was one of those bandit-bandannas that usually go over your nose as well and was just placed too low here. But then it started looking more like bandages to me. I think it's really hard to find where his chin is in this picture and it threw me off a little.

Love love love his expression btw, but if we get down to the anatomy here, the eyes and ears should be a teensy bit further down his face. I usually aim them to be exactly halfway, if not a little below to add room for bangs.

But seriously, not much at all to critique. I'm so proud of you on this one ^_^

ps- keep making backgrounds, they look great!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Hahaha I agree with ALL of your critiques! And accept all of your complements ;P

The quite thing on his face is actually bandages. Yeah, I have no idea WHY I did that? My mom asked me why I did that too, and I just said "Hmm... well, I thought it would look cool. Maybe someone got really annoyed with him and decided to shut him up." hahaha
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch