z

Young Writers Society

Guess What I Got for Christmas?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:38 am
Mickixoxo says...

Drum roll please!

A TABLET!! Yay me :) So it took me about an hour and a half to figure out how to use the darn thing, and then it took me another 2 hours to actually draw with it... So... yeah it kind of stinks but hey, I'm new to this XP
Attachments
Drawing number 1.jpg
Drawing number 1.jpg (25.28 KiB) Viewed 132 times
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:46 am
Snoink says...

Yay! What kind of tablet is it? And you get used to it! I can't use a mouse now... the tablet is just too comfortable. :)

As far as the girl goes, her skin tones are kind of blah. Make it look realer! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

126 Reviews

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:07 pm
Mickixoxo says...

Uhh well the name on the tablet says "Monoprice" if that means anything? My mom said that it got really good reviews and it's pretty professional. Yeah I've already gotten pretty used to it XP although it's weird because it knows when the pen is hovering and I'm not used to that haha

Yeah, I know. I was trying to hard to shade it and everything, but it came out really sketchy and blahh XD I'll try harder next time! Thanks :)
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:55 am
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Hey Micki since you said you were going to post some art I checked out the forums! Actually I had no idea they had an art forum up this soon, if I had known I would've posted some of my stuff already xP lol I think this new YWS setup has me all confuzzled.

I really like her hair style here. I have a major hair fetish and I think the way you drew her bangs is really unique. It's my favorite part. Oh, and the red bow is a cute idea.

I think for the most part your skin shading was really good. It can be really hard finding the right technique to shade digitally, (i struggle with it a lot) and I think you're getting some of the basics. Some tips I use is setting the brush opacity a little lower so the strokes look smoother and softer. also, for finishing touches, I will set a new layer to Soft Light, grab the airbrush in white, and add highlights to the hair and skin. It gives everything a glow and makes things look a little less 2D.

If you want some picky comments, I'd say her right eye looks a little demonic because you left out the white highlight and it is all pupil xP. Next, the nose is a little too pointy for me and I think the tip should be rounder and more natural.

But oh my gosh, I am so excited to start seeing your digital genius ^_^ I know you will be great at this.
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

126 Reviews

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:49 am
Mickixoxo says...

Ohhh that's a really good idea for the finishing touches :3
I'm deffinitely going to try that, thanks! And yeah hahaha XP that's why I don't usually cover the eyes with hair, but I was really lazy when I did this.... and.... new hahaha.
Thank youuuu <3

you ever say spidgit finner unironically?
— FireEyes