z

Young Writers Society

Heart Locket

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:10 pm
View Likes
Sassykat says...

So this is (really) out of focus...but it's the best I could do with my camera :P

Shakespearian tongue-twister:

To sit in solemn silence
In a dark, dank dock
In a pestilential prison
With a lifelong lock;
Awaiting the sensation
Of a short, sharp shock
Of a cheap, chippy chopper
On a big black block.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:27 pm
LemonyIce says...

Hey Sassy! :D

I really like this picture. *likes if she could* It is a little out of focus but if you look at it closely, the chain at the back is clearer. Now, if you hadn't mentioned that the locket was what you wanted to take a picture of, I would've thought you did that on purpose. I'm not the best at reviewing photography, so I can't give you a lot of suggestions. :/ But I really like the picture! :D

~HPR~
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:14 pm
Calligraphy says...

Hi SassyKat! I know what you are feeling right now! It is so frustrating to find your camera can't take the quality pictures you want. But, there are ways to compensate. This article on How To Take Good Pictures helped me a lot when I was trying to work with a cheap camera.

As far as this particular picture goes I like it. It is macro and darkly lit, but you still manage to make me feel like you didn't want to focus on the first chain. The slight tilt of the camera also adds a lot. Great work!

Sorry I couldn't help much,

Calli

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton