z

Young Writers Society

faith

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:12 pm
chezka199 says...

A piece of my zentangle drawings.. any thoughts (other than how bad the photo quality is) ? :)

and yeah.. this is my first try uploading a picture XD
Attachments
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG (321.2 KiB) Viewed 221 times
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone
whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into
mutual weirdness—and call it love—true love.”
― Robert Fulghum ^_^

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:17 pm
AliyahPillage says...

I love this photo, it's very visual, I really enjoy the heart in the middle of the cross.
Wo Ai Ni (I Love You) Jessicarlie Love

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 pm
View Likes
creativityrules says...

Hello there, Chezka. Rose here to review!

This is very cool. It's very artsy, unique, and interesting. If it were a t-shirt, I would love to wear it. My favorite part of it is the background; it's a mixture of different textures and shades of pencil but it still manages to come off feeling polished and not broken or jumbled.

My only criticisms and suggestions (and these are just nitpicks) is that the heart in the middle of the cross is just a tad off center. Also, I would've loved to see a little bit of color introduced into this somewhere; I think it would've brought this piece to another level of awesomeness.

One last thing; I love the bottom right of this piece. Is it supposed to resemble paper clips? :D

All in all, great work! Always keep writing!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:42 pm
chezka199 says...

The pattern in the bottom right is actually onion skin cells.. I ran out of ideas XD
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone
whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into
mutual weirdness—and call it love—true love.”
― Robert Fulghum ^_^

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:53 pm
View Likes
Seraph says...

Amazing! :D
"At this very instant, I augment the spacetime that permeates and weaves our beings."

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:12 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

This is really cool! I like how unique the doodle spaces are. I would never have thought of using cells as a reference, and it looks great. Usually what people would do is draw a bunch of swirlies or checkered squares, but you really went out of the box here. My mom makes quilts, and this picture reminds me a lot of some of her quilts, with the patterned background and everything. Even the edges of the cross looks like it has stitches around it. So awesome job with this!

As far as critiques go, there's not much that needs fixing. The heart is not perfectly symetrical, so I'd be more careful with that next time. I think adding color to this would put it on a whole different level of awesome. It's not like you need any shading really, just going to town on it with colored pencils would be good enough. And to help with the picture uploading, try going to tinypic.com and resizing it to 'Message Board' size. That's what I do and I think it works really well. That way, there's no scrolling when you post.

Thanks for entering this! I'm really impressed!
black
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal