z

Young Writers Society

Photos of Stuff

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:52 am
Meep(: says...

Hi there! So these are a bunch of photos I've taken on various occasions. Nothing's been edited except resizing. I'd love to know how to improve them ^^

DSC_1945.JPG
DSC_1945.JPG (161.25 KiB) Viewed 274 times

-DSC_0655.JPG
-DSC_0655.JPG (147.42 KiB) Viewed 274 times

-DSC_0598.JPG
-DSC_0598.JPG (140.18 KiB) Viewed 274 times

-DSC_0470.JPG
-DSC_0470.JPG (172.47 KiB) Viewed 274 times

-DSC_0460.JPG
-DSC_0460.JPG (179.98 KiB) Viewed 274 times

DSC_2167.JPG
DSC_2167.JPG (320.22 KiB) Viewed 274 times

DSC_2123.JPG
DSC_2123.JPG (166.68 KiB) Viewed 274 times

DSC_2117.JPG
DSC_2117.JPG (177.05 KiB) Viewed 274 times

DSC_2116.JPG
DSC_2116.JPG (267.87 KiB) Viewed 274 times

DSC_2048.JPG
DSC_2048.JPG (203.82 KiB) Viewed 274 times

DSC_2016.JPG
DSC_2016.JPG (283.35 KiB) Viewed 274 times

~Meep(:
P.S: The first picture is my Maltese dog. She's called Daisy and we're celebrating her 9th birthday in that picture :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:05 am
View Likes
Mirasol says...

The first few looked really professional as you can see the difference between foreground and background. (The background was blurred.) The rest are also good but are more like the standard type of photos, like those in postcards or something. But all in all, I liked them. :) Great job! :)

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:18 am
View Likes
Fizz says...

These are really good! I love!

The first one of the peacock is a bit obscured by the framing of the photo, the less important parts of the photo are a bit distracting, but the others are so beautiful, so so beautiful. You clearly have a firm grasp on the concepts of photography (which I personally do not, in any way) so you have the ability to turn basically like, like a knot, in to a really aesthetically interesting photograph.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:30 am
View Likes
NightWriter says...

The second picture is phenomenal. It's incredible, amazing. I love everything about it, so well done!!

The others are good too, I loved the ones with the peacock. The exposure does need to be touched up a little on the first photo...try a free online photo editing site, like PICNIK maybe?

Your choice!

Well done!

NightWriter x
raised by wolves // brought up on words.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:57 pm
View Likes
SwallowedByInsanity says...

The second picture, although it may be just a rope knotted onto some kind of aircraft, the way you photographed is incredible. There are some real beauties here in your pictures, but I just can't get over the pointilism (I know, it's an drawing term, but I'm not an artist not a photographer xD) haha but it's really amazing and something I'd personally consider sitting down and drawing out, possibly even painting. All of them were really quite lovely though (:
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 am
View Likes
emilybrodo says...

Hey, I'm not an expert on photography but I know a thing or two, hope my general opinion will help!

Photo 1: So cute, might want to get rid of the cake container and hand though.
Photo 2: Might want to make the rope a little clearer, otherwise that's the kind of photo I'd have as a desktop background, nice work!!
Photo 3: This photo gives the sense of mystery which is what I love about it (Who is this man? What is he doing?) It gives a little bit of a depressing feel. Sweet.
Photo 4: Can't find anything wrong with this one :D
Photo 5: This one spells creativity, I find it really cool.
Photo 6: This one is my absolute favourite, the colours, the shapes, the angle, and plus I just really love lollipops. This photo is amazing.
Photo 7: I like it, love the sky, but could you add anything to it, actually I prefer it this way don't change it!
Photo 8: So pretty, it's perfect I reckon, lovely.
Photo 9: Peacocks are so beautiful, to see a peacock in a city like area is very interesting, thus this photo is very interesting!
Photo 10: It makes you wonder what the photo is of, it's the neck of a peacock right?
Photo 11: Very nice greens and blues, love it!

I'd love to see more of your work, thanks for sharing!
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

The game

Free reviews here

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:03 am
View Likes
mithrim96 says...

Wonderful photographs! I especially liked the 4th, 8th, 9th and 10th from the top. The ones that stood out to me most though were: the close-up of the peacock's head which displayed such beautiful colouring and such a special angle, and the beach at sunset picture which, if I had have looked at for long enough, would probably have made me cry at the scene. Sorry, that's just me. You have truly amazing photos and I hope to see more!
Keep writing for as long as it brings you joy!

"It's important we build up a level of trust. That way I'll catch you completely unprepared when I suddenly accuse you of murder." - Skulduggery Pleasant (read it!), Death Bringer, Derek Landy

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:14 pm
AliyahPillage says...

I love the candy tree picture, it looks so awesome, I also like the picture of the water lilly.
Wo Ai Ni (I Love You) Jessicarlie Love

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:10 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hiya! I think these images are awesome!

I especially like the rope thing since it seems both abstract and of minimalism. The peacock on the stairs is so professional, I would rather have it on a newspaper or magazine since it speaks so much about...things. The water lily image is a bit cliche, but you still had a great version of it.

Advise: Name your pictures. Art needs a title y'know!

Your pencil neck,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:50 pm
View Likes
farz95 says...

Hi Meep! :D

First of all I’m in love with your pictures. They are taken so professionally especially the second one, that was is my favourite but I would admit that I love all the pictures you took. I also like taking picture and I think you have done a great job. Even the 4th picture is absolutely amazing it looks natural, the colours blend in greatly and the lighting is just perfect.
Just one thing, you might want to crop out some parts in the 3rd last picture because the excess parts are a bit distracting but I m sure if you work on it a bit it will look great :D
The second one is beautiful, I like the way the rope is curling around the railing ... well done!

Great Job...keep snapping
Farz!

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13