Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:08 am
Maki-Chan says...

Name: Penelope Grayson

House: Slytherin

Year: 3rd year

Blood Status: Mudblood

Birthday: August 1st

Physical Description:

Born 3 weeks before schedule, Penelope is a scrawny girl. She has pale pink skin with a hint of red in her cheeks. She can be described as a rather angry looking girl. Penelope always seems to have a frown pasted on her face. One of the few times she will smile is when she is either getting what she wants, or getting revenge. In any scenario she is forced to smile, Penelope's smile will look strained and awkward (and rather scary).
The girl's eyes are a light brown with an almost orange-ish tint to them. Her eyes expresses what Penelope feels almost everyday, boredom and pure rage. The girl loves to have green eyeshadow on.
Penelope's natural hair color is a light hazel brown; however, she currently has it dyed blonde. Her hair is cut in an odd style. She has her hair slightly longer in the back than the front. Penelope gels up the middle of her bangs (in order to keep it out of her eyes). The length is slightly under her shoulders. She typically keeps her hair slight messy.
Penelope is about 5 feet and 2 inches tall, and she weighs a total of 115 pounds, which she works very hard to keep. The girl isn't the healthiest out of the bunch. It is common to see her eating twice as much during meals and snacks.

Personality

Penelope may be a mudblood, but she is cunning and ruthless. The girl does what she can to get to her goals, which are not very clear. She strives towards her goals no matter the cost. She always seeks the gain within things, which includes friends. Penelope is a Slytherin to her core. She is determine, cunning, and calculating. That being said, she is a spoiled brat. Penelope was raised in a rich muggle family. She is moody and dramatic. The girl expects to get what she wants always, and she expects to get it now. If she doesn't, Penelope will go to great lengths to change that. She doesn't care who she steps on as long as what she wants is hers.
Penelope is known as a drama queen. She always seems to picture things worse then they really are. Meaning, she is paranoid, easily to anger, and quick to judge. The girl has absolutely no friends. She is known to many as a back-stabber, and in general she is viewed as too much trouble to deal with; however, Penelope doesn't mind this too much. Truth be told, she is actually just is embarrassed. Unfortunately, she is in complete denial about this and will act even more rude to cover her feelings up. Being a mudblood in Slytherin does not help with her social life, the girl is just plain awful when it comes to making friends. She just seems like a prissy brat.

Most Favorite Class
:star: Potions
Least Favorite Class
:star: Care of Magical Creatures
:star:Magic
:star:Sunsets
:star:Cloud Watching
:star:Gummy Worms
:star:Money
:star:Power
:star:Green
:star:Her parents (though she'll never admit it)
Dislikes
:star:Poverty
:star:Weakness
:star:Dirt
:star:Purebloods
:star:Tuna

History

:star:Back history
Born and raised in England, Penelope comes from a wealthy muggle family. The Graysons' own a successful hotel, which has locations all across the UK. Her father and mother are Shawn Greyson and Melissa Smith. The two met in London at a cafe. Falling in love, the two eloped. Melissa owned an old hotel, which her father had given her when he died. The couple decided to work hard to make the business blossom, which it did.
:star:Age 1-10
Born on August 1st, Penelope was named after her grandmother (Penelope Smith). Unfortunately, she was born a month early. From the shock of her almost dying at birth, Penelope's parents changed their original plan with raising her. They became extremely protective parents, which explains much of Penelope's behavior. She was raised as a spoiled child in a wealthy family. She attended a private school, but she never made any friends. Penelope stuck with a group of fellow girls, but they only went around bullying the other students.
At the age of 10, Penelope had developed a love for spreading rumors. Her parents worried, and Penelope was removed from school and started home school with a private tutor.
The girl didn't like this. She fussed and argued to her parents, and she generally was a drama queen. Her parents, not knowing what to do, bribed and spoiled her even more.

:star:Age 11-20
The girl had strange gifts. She could move things with her mind, make things happen, and once she even started a fire from nothing.
When Penelope was 11, she received a mysterious letter. Her parents passed it off as a joke and ignored it; however, the next month they kept on receiving the same letter everyday from owls. The two decided to send their daughter to the school only because Penelope demanded it. The Graysons, having some help, took Penelope to Diagon alley to purchase the needed school materials. The couple was in complete shock, but they were happy their little girl was enjoying herself.

:bulletgreen: 1st year:bulletgreen:
Sorted into Slytherin, Penelope absolutely loved this new world. She wanted to succeed in everything possible. She did amazing work in class; however, she did a rather poor job of making friends. She has the ego the size of a small country. Penelope thinks she is better than all the other students (especially those stupid purebloods). She was obsessed with learning.

:bulletgreen:2nd year:bulletgreen:
A very very lonely year. Penelope, while still loving to mock people, feels very alienated. Unfortunately, she refuses to see this as her own fault. Keeping her snotty ways, she grows slightly bored with classes, and she continues to go on without making a single friend.

:bulletgreen:3rd year :bulletgreen:
GLOOM, ANGST, BROOD. Penelope is more over-dramatic so far this year. She feels very very alone, and now she is finally starting to believe it is partially her fault. The girl tries her best to be more 'friendly'.

Other

:star:Wand:

Wood- Holly
Core- Dragon heart-string
Length- 11inches

:star:Pet:
A black cat named "Ceasar"
Attachments
Penelope App.png
Penelope App.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 341 times
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:59 am
Seraph says...

Wow! Just... Wow! You've really brought a character to life and have inspired me to read Harry Potter fanfic now! Haha! And... You are such a great artist! Personally, she reminds me of a mix between Hermoine Granger (Spelling may be off. Sorry about that.) and Draco Malfoy. You've provided a great description that matches the wonderful picture incredibly! You, Maki-Chan, have earned a like, follow and review. Keep up the great work!<~~ (Cliche review lines)
"At this very instant, I augment the spacetime that permeates and weaves our beings."

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:28 pm
dhanshucool says...

Hey there!

It's really awesome. The character was impressive and you brought it very well..
The look and feel is really good. The colors that you have chosen was attractive. And one more thing i liked in this post is your character and i have same birthday :D
As Seraph told, you are a great artist !
Hats off to you .... Keep posting your works :) see you around
-Dan

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:47 pm
PixieStix says...

Just wanted to know, did you draw that?
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:09 pm
pencilgirl says...

Hey! How are you doing?
Very Impressive. The image was something that interested me so much! You really brought life to her and if Harry Potter could have a character like her then they would. She has a good back story, she has a different personality and she seems unique! One thing i wanna point out, that slytherin house does not have any muggle born or brought up witches. I mean they have to be pure bloods because Salazar Slytherin said it himself that all pure bloods will be in his house. Any way its just a character! Good effort!
Sharp me and rub me,
Pencil <3

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:26 am
Maki-Chan says...

@dhanshucool

THANKS! glad you liked her

@Pixie2

yes I drew her myself :)

@pencilgirl

I am glad you liked her character. She is based in a time set 50 years after the events in the Harry Potter books~ so a lot could change, and I could have sworn there were some halfbloods and mudbloods in Slytherin. Afterall, Snape is a halfblood and he was inslytherin

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:40 am
ChocoCookie says...

Wow! :D

Did you actually draw this? :O It is so damn awesome! ^.^

Your a really good artist. And I've seen that your a fan of Harry Potter. Slytherin, eh? xD Good! =D
I am too. The colors chosen are very, very impressive. I guess there's not much of to say.

Overall: I love it. You shouldn't stop. ;) 10/10 FOR THIS EXTRAORDINARY PIECE! :"D

Cookie <3
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Mickixoxo says...

Wow that's amazing. I'm jealous, definitely jealous. I just got a tablet yesterday and I have to say that this is very good XP I can't get lines that clean yet.

I love that she's in Slytherin ;) favorite house, I must say. And I also love the expression on her face, you can definitely tell the emotion she's feeling haha

Keep it up!
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:05 am
Maki-Chan says...

oh! thanks~

I don't have a tablet lol I really REALLY want one

I use my mouse

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:26 am
Mickixoxo says...

O.e
You used.... your mouse?
Dang gurl.
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson