z

Young Writers Society

Drawing of Alice Cullen/Ashley Greene

Reviews: 3
Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 pm
MiniAliceSciuto says...

Hey!
Well this is my first work that I've uploaded here, so I'm a bit nervous :P
I LOVE Twilight. A lot. Especially Alice Cullen. So I drew her! :)
I lightly traced the face shape, just to keep it accurate.
"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope."

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:53 pm
View Likes
SlightlySenile says...

Wow!
I for one, am not a big fan of twilight. Fair enough- to each his own right?, but I love this drawing! :) I think you have a lot of talent! The shading is brilliant and you really captured the essence of the humanity and really well done! Keep Going! :)
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
Dr. Seuss

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:04 pm
GeeLyria says...

Oh, wow.

Hi there MiniAliceSciuto!

This is amazing. I'm not into Twilight, actually, I couldn't tell if I like it or not, because I haven't seen it. But you are awesome, girl. How did you manage to make this so... perfect? The shades, the hair, the eyes, the lips... all is beautiful.

Wish I have the talent. Don't waste it! Keep it up!

~Solly<3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:13 pm
View Likes
MiniAliceSciuto says...

Thanks for the comments! :)

GeeLyria: I just got the picture I was drawing and made it huge, then I can concentrate on the shading of everything :)
"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope."

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:56 pm
tinkembell says...

Wow. I think this an awesome drawing, much better than I could ever do XP. As the other reviewers said, the shading is great ;). I think her mouth and her neck/shoulders are especially good.

Onto the critique!

I've seen twilight, and for me her hair should be more spiky, right now it looks like little hacked parts, you want to fine them out a bit more to give Alice more of a pixie crop.

I think you rushed a bit on the colouring of the hair, it's very sketchy and your line marks are really visible, maybe spend some time on this?

Where the nose meets the right eye seems slightly odd, it looks like you've tried to squeeze the whole eye in, and as a result it's small and wonky. Naturally, you'd only see part of this eye because you've drawn her side on.

Keep up the drawing,

~Tinkem
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:59 pm
View Likes
MiniAliceSciuto says...

Tinkembell: Thanks for the advice! :) I just want to let you know that as the films have gone on, the less spiky her hair has been. XD This is a drawing of a picture from Breaking Dawn, where her hair has no spikes at all.

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:27 pm
View Likes
anna91423 says...

How did I not know you could draw this well? Hidden talent much... Will be having words tomorrow!
"Books are the ultimate dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they will always love you back." John Green

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." Stephen Chbosky

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 pm
tinkembell says...

Ah, I never realised! Still, I think it would help to better identify her (not that you can't tell, heh). I'd love to see her cullen crest choker on her - that would look good ;).

~Tinkem
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:51 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

I love the Drawing. I am a huge fan of Twilight Myself so... ya I consider Myself a Twi-geek ( eh, eh- you get it?:P) and I love how the tracing and shading made the picture come alive, I love it, I love it, I love it!!!! keep drawing!

BTW- have you seen breaking Dawn yet? its AMAZING! I can't wait another year to see the next one, sooo IM reading the Book of part 2. haha ya, Im a Twi-geek. and Im proud of it LOL. Ok Im glad to review!

~Pixie~
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Mini!

I love this drawing so much. You make her look better than even in real life. I simply love the shadings, especially the hair! Great job, there! And have you tried Edward, Bella and the rest of the gang as well? If not, I think you should give it a try ;) !
I like Alice too! She's very cute.

So keep it up, Alice! You've got amazing talent :)

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm
View Likes
free2sing says...

I'm not a big fan of the Twilight movies but the books are amazing and when i saw this it was exactly how i pictured Alice. I think the way you made her eyes and cheek bones is marvelous. The angle you drew her face though kind of gives the illusion that she is chunky. Good Job!
Forever is happening right now.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 pm
free2sing says...

I'm not a big fan of the Twilight movies but the books are amazing and when i saw this it was exactly how i pictured Alice. I think the way you made her eyes and cheek bones is marvelous. The angle you drew her face though kind of gives the illusion that she is chunky. Good Job!
Forever is happening right now.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:57 pm
MiniAliceSciuto says...

Thanks for all the reviews!

I am going to attempt the other Cullens and other Twilight characters soon, but for some reason I do struggle drawing men?! Weird I know, but I'm working on it :)

Reviews: 2
Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 pm
View Likes
Kelsey says...

I'm not a fan of the Twilight series (or of Ashley Greene), but this is a good drawing! I wish I could draw... the only thing I can draw is stickmen. True story. This is fantastic!
KelsKels
If you're out to describe the truth;
leave the elegance to the tailor.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:23 pm
Devochka303 says...

I have not seen Twilight so I don't know what Alice looks like.
The drawing itself is great! Thou I would improve on the eyes and lips.
The eyes don't exactly match the tilt of the face. I would suggest move the second eye a little to show more of it.
The lips don't match the face. They seam to be something out of a cartoon book stuck on a real person.
Over all this is a great picture! NICE JOB!
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.