z

Young Writers Society

Cat Girl, Tam

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:27 pm
Gamergirl says...

Just something I drew using my new Tablet. Just thought I'd do some cartoon/anime thing. I can't do backgrounds to save myself, hahha!
Attachments
Being The Little One - Copy.png
Being The Little One - Copy.png (92.43 KiB) Viewed 285 times
"Is the glass half empty? Or half full?"

"Well, if I turn on the tap I can make it full!" ~ me.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:49 pm
smilelikeyoumeanit says...

oh my god how do you do stuff like this. I love it :) do you need special equipment.
the only thing i would say would be i would leave off the name and then just write it when you post it :)

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:32 pm
TaylaChase says...

Wow, this is awesome! I don't really have anything helpful to say, I just wanted to say it's awesome :D I think you did a great job with the shadows, too. It would be really awesome to have a tablet, but drawing on paper is good, too, though. Anyway, it's really cute, too XD All I could say is maybe just work on the shirt a little more. Drawing clothes has always been a hard one for me, so I completely understand that it's difficult. Anyway, great job :D
~Tayla

P.S. Sorry this wasn't a helpful comment. Heh...
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
~Albert Einstein

I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
~Anonymous

I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen and I can't erase my mistakes. . .
~Anonymous

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm
alabasterwolveness says...

I think you did a really good job on this, I mean its nice for a cartoon type deal. Im not really big into them, so if I dont seem so intrested Im very sorry. Your pixel coloring could have been a little better in my opinion. Now if you drew in on a piece of notebook paper, I would of been able to give you some better feed back due to the lines and how the character is angled. But I'd also leave out the name and just write it when I post it. Just like Smilelikeyoumeanit says.
Other then that, very good job!

~Randi (A.K.A Alabaster)
~Lady Death~
Down in the dark, alone at night. Bleeding and Torn... Broken in the light

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 pm
SmylinG says...

Gamegirl, hi. :mrgreen:

So you got a new tablet? Nice. What kind? I use to work off a Bamboo tablet when I was taking Animation. Was really smooth and clean to work off of on the computer. Like drawing directly onto paper, only on screen. Fun stuff though.

So I like what you did here as far as the character goes in general. The movement seems present, which is quite important. No one likes a stiff image. A few things that weren't as smooth to my eye were probably:

1.) The facial expression. The way you've drawn it out here seems a tad bit stiff I think. The eyes are quite interesting, and I know that with this type of style they tend to stand out the most. I'm not as big a fan of the way the nose was drawn. It's a plain little line on the face. A nice shadow coloring may have looked better here. And the mouth, it comes off looking very stiff as well. Perhaps it was the way you went about the shape. Or maybe it's simply these hard lines that are just sticking out to me in the wrong way here. I can't quite put my finger on it.

2.) The movement of the clothes. Now, I think it's really great you put some attention into the way the clothes were drawn with the wrinkles and the ripples here. The way you went about drawing them doesn't seem as natural though. Perhaps there are too many? Or maybe it's the additional lines mixed in with the clothing ripples that allows it to come off looking more stiff. For some reason this shirt here detract my eye from the whole picture. Like it was simply pasted on. Try being a bit more subtle with these dramatic lines here I think.

3.) These little black lines! Is there any way you can possible delete them? What program do you use to draw? Personally, when I make characters on a computer software like this, I let the shadowing be enough separation. In many places I don't feel there's a need for these teeny little black lines. In the hair and the face area perhaps, but not so much the clothes and where you have skin coloring. Shading works fine by itself in most cases.

Well, as backgrounds go, it's usually no real big if you can't draw them. xD Something solid but flattering usually works. Like I mentioned before, I'm not really sure which program you use, but when I was using flash CS4, we had a gradient tool, and it's usually pretty easy to put together a flattering background with something like that.

But anyway! Keep up the drawing, really. This was a nice little piece you put together here with your new tablet.

-Smylin'
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:39 pm
Deanie says...

Hi Gamergirl

I just wanted to say I really liked your drawing. It was really nice, but I only didn't like one thing. The top. If you look closely around the neck area it looks like the shirt folds into her neck... And I agree with what SmilinG said about the ripples. (I won't repeat everything all over again). Be careful with the way you do that. Apart from that I really liked it. I think you should experiment on backgrounds though. I know you said you weren't very good at them but I'm sure you can do it! I did like the background that went with this image. The simple colours worked well this time.

Happy experimenting with backgrounds!

Deanie x
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:06 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Hey, what a cutie!

I like the overall image! It was surprising to know that it was drawn in a Tablet. Wow, I'm surprised a writer can do this magic on computer!

About the picture, well, I like the background. The colors were not exactly vibrant, but they were coherent and made the girl pop out! I also like the cat-girl, I'm just confused with her shirt.

Overall Rating: :D :D :D :?
I am really disturbed with the shirt. But anyways! I love your art work. I also think that you can do better! So make more!

Your photocrapper,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda