purple flower.jpg (93.09 KiB) Viewed 302 times

tree from below.jpg
tree from below.jpg (110.32 KiB) Viewed 302 times

trees.jpg
trees.jpg (99.97 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Attachments
landscape.jpg
landscape.jpg (89.05 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Last edited by EnchantedPanda on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:12 am
joshuapaul says...

I love finding other Kiwis on this site. I am now an ex-pat so I can only claim the sentiment, though I haven't been back home for a couple of years now. The pictures are lovely, and very Kiwiana. They remind me of the farm I grew up on, and it's refreshing to see New Zealand in spring - although where I am it is Autumn. Great photos, what camera/lens do you use?

JP
Read my latest

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 am
borntoshop says...

NEW ZEALAND REPRESENT! (;
I think my favorite would probably be the second one, because it has more of a focus. The others are good, but there's not an intentional focus. When you photograph something make sure you have what you want people to see the main focus, so they see that first and then drift to the rest of the picture. :D also, try taking your photo at different angles and pick the one you like the best, the most interesting to look at.
This is good, though. Nice colours!
:D

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:29 am
dhanshucool says...

Hey there!
Your work is too good.. I liked all the photos. Especially the second and third one.. The lighting was really good in that. I liked those dark leaves. Try clicking more photos. Carry your camera always.
See you around in YWS.. All the best..

Cheers,
-Dan

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm
PixieStix says...

0k so i dont mean to be mean but here it goes, ok so i think that you ahve too much tress and you need to post alittle more here. i think taht you are too good at this to just post these poor pics but overall i say that you are very talented photagrapher!
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:26 pm
Starlight9 says...

Really love those photos. The first and the third photo would definitely be my favourites. The first picture is more like a wallpaper for a computer desktop; that beautiful blue sky would give a sensation of peace and relaxation the viewer. I really admire the third picture for that the colour of the leaves along with the difference in the shading make it all look so beautiful.

I will be giving some negative critiques on some of your photos:

Second photo: It is too much edited. Try to lower the brightness a little bit.

Forth photo: Not sure if it has been taken from a good angle. I love the colour of the sky but it is just those small branches of the tree which don't add much significance to the photo.

Last photo: Everything seems to be taken from a quite far long distance.

Those are only suggestions, I am not an expert photographer. I've enjoyed looking at your photos. You've got skills. Always remember to practice, practice, practice :D
★L9

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:38 pm
Chicken says...

I loveee these photos sooo much because they remind me of things I love, being outside in the open air and it reminds me of all the different things you can hear and see in nature to. I love the angles and the ways you've taken these photos aswell. My favourite is the picture of the purple flower i think.
Next I think you should try doing animals!!! It would be sooo nice and I would defo review it!!!!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:55 am
wizkid515 says...

Cool Kiwi Shots!!!!

Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:27 am
free2sing says...

These pictures are really good(: The angles you got some of the trees were magnificent. What i may suggest though is maybe finding other unique things in nature to photograph. It would make your collection better since you'd have more variety. Overall very good! (:
Forever is happening right now.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:26 pm
Devochka303 says...

These are really great pictures. I really like the second one with the purple flowers. The third one is a little weird to look at. Unless I read the tittle
"tree from below"
I would not have known what it was. The last photo seamed a little out of place. It did not seam to belong in this batch of photos.
Over all theses are really good. Great Job!
Last edited by Lumi on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed plagiarized content.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:56 pm
hudz96 says...

Your pictures are very beautiful, and i agree i was confused with the tree :D
You seem to love photography you should try photography of things that people usually do not usually see beauty in. Go to beaches, there is this beach near Pukekohe. It has burnt amber colored dust that arises from the rocks that surround the beach. Its a beautiful place that is surrounded with trees. You can climb the rocks and take pictures of the amazing landscape. But i really like your eye for photography. Try to narrow your focus and look at the lighting (sun) and where you stand to get a better view. :D

XXX
Hudz
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:53 pm
icebender28 says...

Hey Dreaming!
I really like these pictures! They're really pretty and have a nice perspective on things. :D I'm not very good at reviews, so sorry that his is so short. :)
:D :D :D :D :D
Life is to be lived, not survived.

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:52 pm
murtuza says...

Hey, Dreaming!

All lovely pictures indeed. I especially loved the second one. The snaps are really good quality and the raw nature itself is much more appealing! I need to come to Kiwi-land!

You've got some great talent here. I want to see more! So keep 'em snapping :D

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:06 am
HeadAssassin says...

Beautiful pictures!! My father was stationed in New Zealand when he was in the Navy! Really it's quite beautiful!!
Assassins Never Die

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:58 am
GawravMehta says...

Picture 1: Landscape selection is good. On closer look you'll find dark shadowed part on right side of the mountain which hides the detail there. You should have cropped or moved your camera little bit to right hand side so as to avoid uneven detail.

Tip: Never slit picture from middle. If you want to give stress on mountains then 75% of picture frame must contain mountains and if you wish to give stress on sky then sky must occupy 75% of frame. But in this picture you've spitted both in ratio of 50-50 which creates confusion of your basic theme. Mountain or Sky?
Spoiler! :
Donate couple of points to fellow depressed writer 'cause those who donate me. Motivate me!

Live your life how you want, but don't confuse drama with happiness.
— Ron, Parks & Rec