z

Young Writers Society

Girly Thing?

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:39 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

So I don't like this one, but I wanted opinions on it anyway. To me, it's too girly, the expression weird, and I see something wrong with her hips but I can't tell what. I tried something new with the hair, making more random strands, and the background was experimental as well.

The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm
Twinkle4ever says...

I suggest that you work a little on the face expression. Give it a cute look. Make her smile whole-heartedly, if you know what I mean. Show both her eyes. And I think that the hips are a bit to the left. It does look girly. I think it's because of the pose she's making. But seriously, I've got to admit. I love that dress.
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm
Button says...

The problem that I see with the hips is that you've made them planes rather than curves. They need to be a bit rounder. Yes, hips have that almost flat and angular look to them that many people ignore but you've made them spread in a really wide and flat fashion that just ends up looking awkward.
The expression IS weird. It seems like you were going for a shy smile or something but it comes out more as a wince because of the flatness of the mouth and the fact that the smile reaches nowhere other than the lips.
Her chest, honestly, looks a bit weird, and I'd suggest playing with the feet which need some help because they don't really accomplish much other than placeholders, but otherwise, excellent job. Please don't use the background though. :P

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:11 pm
TAZmania says...

I love the choice of color. Shades of pink and purple really screams 'Girly!'. The face is probabaly the only problem...she looks constipated (I don't mean it as an insult...mind you). Just remeber that body expression is something that should complement the facial features. In your picture, her body is saying 'I love myself!' and 'Aren't I cute?', while her face is saying 'I'm not sure about how I look'. A big smile or closed-smiley eyes will do that bit. Loved the picture and the background though. Great Job!
Allacazoola Michica Boola...Bibbidi Bobbodi Bibbidi Bobbodi BOO!

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 pm
lele253isme says...

I love the colors!! Though, this is girly!! But very nice!! I love the bows and the different patterns!! Great drawing!!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:02 pm
pyro says...

can I have her??? :D Good job
"Beer is living proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:35 pm
TylynRae says...

Heyy, I liked this one! I liked the outfit a lot, and her body is really cute. Her neck is a bit too short, which throws off her face and makes it look like its at a wierd angle, but I think thats the only thing that I found that I was a bit iffy on. Other than that, you have a really cute piece =] The colors are brilliant. Well done =]
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:26 pm
Emmzziee says...

I guess that I'm not what you would call girly, but I... I seriously don't see any problems here. At all! :D
I mean, I haven't seen any of your other work so maybe they're all so good by comparison that this is just okay-ish, but I think that this is really, really good :D And I always thought that Anime was hard to draw, but you do make it look pretty easy, because it's really good :D (Wait... I said that twice.) o.O
Did you draw it on computer?
Well done! - and good luck.
Emmzziee.
:)
I want to play a game.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:30 am
Jenthura says...

The problem with the face is easily fixed. It's that one line right there that makes her mouth seem to jut out like a monkey's. (sorry)
Use smudge with a very high strength setting or use the clone stamp to remove the line.
Other than that it's great. Very girly, but great. :D
Oh, and the feet. XD
-ж-Ж-ж-

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 pm
Devochka303 says...

This is a great picture. The girl is stunning, but the legs and shoulders seam to bother me.
Legs- they seam a little to straight and hard for her body.
Shoulders- The shoulders are stiff and tense. Despite her smile she does not look very happy.
Over all this is a great drawing. I love your choice of color! GOOD JOB!
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:52 pm
PixieStix says...

OMG OMG OMG OMG amzing!!!! I love it sooo much. keep it up. I fane nothing wrong with it, it is amazing.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:56 pm
murtuza says...

Hey Blacksheep!

I love the cartoon-y girls! they are so cute! And this one is awesome. I can't give you any strong critique in this since my technical eye for the arts of drawing are very limited. Though I love the hair and the various shades of brown that you've incorporated. She looks real girly and that's how I like it. You're really good at drawing, so keep it up! Great job!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:46 pm
vampyIrishgirl says...

i love the outfit, she looks adorable. i love the purple knee high socks! the dress is cute too, but the face sort of looks like she bored. i think you should make her look more innoncent looking, but other than that i really like it.
ps. can you draw me a girl like that please? im like obsessed with manga and anime. :D
music junkie, i know, but im not sorry

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:37 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

hahaha oh god I hoped these pictures would never again see the light of day... XD
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:17 pm
vampyIrishgirl says...

haha im just that ninja
music junkie, i know, but im not sorry

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown