z

Young Writers Society

Alicia Silverstone

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:29 pm
AstrangedbeaR says...

Again...i rushed the hair, i should really stop doing that, its a bad habit. A little satisfied with this although i know i need to improve on my shading.

*AstrangedbeaR*

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:08 pm
J. Haux says...

You should be happy with it--sure--and if you're satisfied with it, then good. You know what you need to work on, but I'm going to talk about it anyway. Sorry. :D

I think the eyes are beautiful. The only thing is that they are not focusing on the same thing...One is slightly off-center.

Um...shading. One thing I like using is an eraser. Have you ever cut off a piece of eraser with a knife so it's thin and floppy and flexible? You can use it to lighten areas that are too dark, but you can control it, and it also gives a smoothness. Like on her nose, I would brush some places with the eraser to give some more highlights. I think it needs to be lighter. Some of your sketch lines are a little harsh, only because you haven't shaded around them ie. corners of her mouth and shirt/colorbone? (what is that?) Could you try to make the lips a little smoother looking?

You're very talented. This is a nice piece of work. You should be happy with it. :D

Did I see another one of yours?

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Well, I can definately recognize this as Alicia Silverstone, so congrats! Nicely done.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:23 pm
Muse says...

Woweee i like it. Yeah, you can definately tell who it is. The only thing that needs changing in my opinion is the hair beside her chin/cheek. But you already knew that :D. smashing stuff *thumbs up*
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

Random avatar

Reviews: 71
Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:07 pm
Nis says...

I like this and recognised her straight away. But the right eye (for the viewers) just doesn't look right and the hair is a bit messed up. And the shading on the forehead should be a little lighter.

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:48 pm
Gwenevire says...

I can't see it! :cry:

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy