z

Young Writers Society

Alicia Silverstone

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:29 pm
AstrangedbeaR says...

Again...i rushed the hair, i should really stop doing that, its a bad habit. A little satisfied with this although i know i need to improve on my shading.

*AstrangedbeaR*

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:08 pm
J. Haux says...

You should be happy with it--sure--and if you're satisfied with it, then good. You know what you need to work on, but I'm going to talk about it anyway. Sorry. :D

I think the eyes are beautiful. The only thing is that they are not focusing on the same thing...One is slightly off-center.

Um...shading. One thing I like using is an eraser. Have you ever cut off a piece of eraser with a knife so it's thin and floppy and flexible? You can use it to lighten areas that are too dark, but you can control it, and it also gives a smoothness. Like on her nose, I would brush some places with the eraser to give some more highlights. I think it needs to be lighter. Some of your sketch lines are a little harsh, only because you haven't shaded around them ie. corners of her mouth and shirt/colorbone? (what is that?) Could you try to make the lips a little smoother looking?

You're very talented. This is a nice piece of work. You should be happy with it. :D

Did I see another one of yours?

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Well, I can definately recognize this as Alicia Silverstone, so congrats! Nicely done.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:23 pm
Muse says...

Woweee i like it. Yeah, you can definately tell who it is. The only thing that needs changing in my opinion is the hair beside her chin/cheek. But you already knew that :D. smashing stuff *thumbs up*
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

Random avatar

Reviews: 71
Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:07 pm
Nis says...

I like this and recognised her straight away. But the right eye (for the viewers) just doesn't look right and the hair is a bit messed up. And the shading on the forehead should be a little lighter.

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:48 pm
Gwenevire says...

I can't see it! :cry:

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li