z

Young Writers Society

animals

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 pm
View Likes
Flower~Child says...

My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:26 am
View Likes
okkervilpuddle says...

i think it's cool they're kissing. it makes the picture sort of strange and interesting. i just wish the drawing was a little better, or at least more touched up.

321 Reviews

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:38 am
View Likes
Flower~Child says...

My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:00 pm
View Likes
Shearwater says...

Hi, Pink here.

The first picture is pretty amazing. I like the idea of monkeys kissing instead of humans. It just shows that we aren't the only things out there that can express love.
The shading needs a little more work. I understand shading fur or hairs can be extremely difficult.
The second picture of the tiger, looks more cartoonish. Also the jaw seems to be a little to over-sized compared to the rest of its head. I also suggest you rotate the picture so it's easier to see.
Other than that, these were pretty good!
Keep up the good work,

~Pink.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

286 Reviews

Reviews: 286
Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:06 pm
View Likes
silented1 says...

christy i found your drawnings !!! i never knew you were this good haha =]...

i too liked the monkey one...
but what i didn't like is that they looked so sad... i mean if they are kissing shouldn't they be happy ? i don't exactly understand it... oh well great never the less =].

i fortunatly for you am not a picture critque =]...

you should post some more, or can you still not find your camera ?
[quote]If it's arguable, then it probably is." - Xeriana X

Link to my will review for food thread: topic71713.html

321 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:28 pm
View Likes
Flower~Child says...

Thank you for the reviews, and they look sad because the picture I looked at the monkeys looked sad, and I used my moms camamra.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:11 pm
View Likes
d@ydre@mer27 says...

Hello daydreamer here:

Your work is pretty good, I liked the monkey more than the tiger one which as others have said is a bit out of proportion. But i do love the eyes on the tiger picture, they're mesmerizing just like a real tiger's eyes. I also like the markings as well.

Keep up the good work!
-daydreamer
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." ~courtesy of one of history's funniest men, Groucho Marx. ^_^

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:08 am
View Likes
Piper says...

Hi! I have to say, even though your anime is really good (I do anime too) I lOVE these animal pictures. I can only draw animals if i have a step-by-step thing. The first picture is really good. I've never seen monkey's kiss before, exept movies, and you do it really well. It is a little shocking at first, seeing the monkey's kiss, but then I laughed and decided I really like the picture. The second picture is amazing too. I agree with pinksheerwater that the jaw is a bit big, but I agree with d@ydre@mer too, that the eyes are very soulful and expressive.
Cats are like characters. You may say they're yours, but in reality, they own you. ~Me

You can take away all the arts you want, but soon, the children won't have anything to read or write about. ~Glen Holland

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:49 am
View Likes
CuteJackRussell says...

Hello Flower~Child,

These are both really good sketches that capture the beautiful expressions that animals have really well and you have used very good shading on both of the pictures to get a really lifelike image that looks like it has texture even though it is a flat 2-D picture. These are very realistic and I can see creativity and artistic beauty in both of these. My suggestion would be to take photos of them a bit better because in some areas I can't see the faint lines on the picture very clearly. Perhaps scanning them or putting them in a darker place when you take photos of them would both help.

Photo No. 1:
This was my favorite picture of the two because of the originality and how unusual it was to see a drawing of animals expressing love instead of people. I just love the pure display of emotion that you have shown on the monkeys faces. The next step for this drawing would be to darken some of the lighter lines that you can't really see on the picture because they are so light.

Photo No. 2:
This was also really beautiful and very realistic, it would have been nice to maybe see some of the body instead of just the head but it's fine without it. I don't think this was as good as the other one because it didn't have as much shading and I think shading would complete it. Overall this was a really neat picture.

Overall these were really good drawings and you are a very talented artist and you produce very high quality pictures and if you ever do any more drawing please PM me and I will review them for you if you wish.

From CuteJackRussell
Hello,
I doubt you will take the time to look at this signature, you are all busy people and I respect that, but if you do know this. Every bit of criticism on my writing has helped and every bit of advice you have given me has also helped. So thank you, for everything.
From CuteJackRussell xoxox

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:51 pm
View Likes
youngwolf1105 says...

What's the first supposed to be?? And I thought tiger looked really cool.
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

Time is not your best friend - unless you use it wisely.
— Marco Pierre White