z

Young Writers Society

Beady girl...

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:49 pm
Emma says...

Okay, so I am back, with some new art... Well... Some pictures on what I have been working on. I'll describe a bit about each picture I show and stuff... You can comment on them (of course) But please don't rip them apart. If you read my text from start to finish you will know I will tell my problems with the picture I am doing. So please don't repeat them, unless you are going explain to me what to do and how to fix it without ruining my picture.

Here is the picture just scanned, which I drew. Remember I haven't really drawn in ages apart from school, which I don't even try anymore these days. Well, the beads took a really long time to do. The hand is a mess but I'm thinking of *somehow* getting rid of it.

As you can see when using photoshop, I don't use the layers. I know I have to but I..... Just.... Cant... Be.. Bothered. So instead, which I find easy is the magic wand tool! Wheeee xD

I got rid of the long hair bit because it was getting on my nerves. I coloured in the beads, and you can see they took me a really long time to do because I had to colour then shade, then burn it then dodge it or what ever you do... Oh and I added some green eyeshadow!! w00t!

There is a close up of the beads, and the work I did... And part of her boobs... Guys (and girls?) don't start getting excited, its just a picture!! :P

I showed Harley the picture and she told me about the white of the eyes, and I had totally forgotten all about it. So I had to add that in, so there is a picture of that!! Nice eyes.. I wish I had dark blue eyes instead of the colour of poo... >.<

There I coloured in more of it, as you can see I totally ruined the boobs, but I don't care. (REPEAT: I don't care) well, the top thing looks like velvet! Funky! xD

There is a picture where I darkened it because I was bored of colouring those stupid beads, and if you look at the first picture you'll see how many more I have to colour in!!

----------

And for your random amusement to stop you falling asleep I present you with this!!

Now comment then run away!

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:53 pm
Sponson Light says...

Sweet job, nice style, but her legs look a bit twisted.
Also you have shakey lines, which detract. (No, even without a tablet you can make strait/smooth lines)
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

683 Reviews

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:59 pm
Emma says...

Sponson Light,

I have one of those laser mouses, and even with those mouse mats my mouse is still VERY jumpy, so it makes me hard to draw a straight, smooth line. When I do get my tablet my *computer* kind of art work SHOULD be much better.

Oh and I noticed the twisted legs, DAMN YOU WOMAN! YOU WILL NEED TO GO IN A WHEELCHAIR!

Random avatar

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:06 pm
Sponson Light says...

Really? I have a 5 year old ball-tracker on a 2 year old mouse pad, and its fine. And Im not exagerating, I hate buying new crap for my computer. A mouse and a mouse pad is good enough.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:08 pm
Bobo says...

I really like your coloring, and you're pretty darn good at drawing, and way better than me at clothes and stuff, but I think you could use an anatomy lesson or two. And yeah, using layers is a good idea. You can still magic wand it, but just go do it on another layer. You can also do that trick where you make the selection bigger by just a pixel or two to make sure it fills up the whole area.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:32 pm
-KayJuran- says...

i agree with bobo, you might need a bit of work on anatomy, but what the heck! your colouring is great! and you can def draw better than me!! :( i normally use layers so it's easier to correct stuff, but it looks like you don't need to when you're that good at colouring, shading etc

Random avatar

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:51 pm
Sponson Light says...

As for coloring, dont use one color and a different shade, nothing is ever just lighter or darker.
If a red light is shown on her, add some red highlights, you get the picture. As everything has a color, everything will reflect light (thats how you see the object), therefore, everything will tint everything else.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Whoa, I think she spent too much time in Mardi Gras.

But thats good. Its kind of...well, like they said above, the anatomy isn't really good. But I like the colors.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:57 am
Sam says...

The beads rock!

Art-wise, I don't have much to say except that it's cool. *shrug* But very colorful...yay!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:00 am
Ego says...

Wow, I really wish I could sit down with you and show you some anatomy tips, because you have lots of potential--the ckthes look awesome, really creative costume, ( I REALLY like the boots, super cool)--overall a great start--gah, I wish I could sit down with you--it'd be soooo easy to correct the mistakes If I could just SHOW you!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:51 am
antigone says...

Awesome! her clothes are so cool. And her funnny face! I love that. Personally I like it a bit better before the colors, for some reason. The coloring is really well done and all, it's just some weird me thing. *shrugs* Anyway, I like it alot. The anatomy is a little skewed like other people said but I think that makes it even cooler. Bizzare in a good way. Great picture!
Siempre, siempre: jardin de mi agonia,
tu cuerpo fugitivo para siempre,
la sangre de tus venas en mi boca,
tu boca ya sin luz para mi muerte.

-From 'Del amor imprevisto', Federico Garcia Lorca

683 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:40 am
Emma says...

Yeah, I know.... Hehe!

Thanks for all the comments, and next time you are on Hunter, gimmie some tips on it then, I would really like the help!

I'll try and do some more colouring today... If you want me to that is.

AND I'M STILL NOT USING LAYERS! It freakin' confuses the hell outta me.

[EDIT:]

I'm really sorry, but I must of saved it on a different type of file thing so now when I open it - it is really blury and stuff. I was really going to make some changes >.<

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:24 pm
Jennafina says...

Ooh! they're pretty! I like her facial expression. She looks both confused and amused. when you finish, you shuld post the rest colored! I want to see what color her clothse are! :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:37 pm
Sponson Light says...

Hunter, just do a draw over, take the image, and draw over it.

Also a layer is just that, a layer. It will only affect the layer you are on, therefore, wont color over the lineart.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:38 pm
Harley says...

She's so cute! I love her beads- they're gorgeous! When you darken it, she looks pretty 'cause she's got a tan, and the colours just work. Besides the anatomy, the only real crit I have is that in the middle of the big black pupil, I'd put some white so she looks less like one of those "I see dead people" kids.

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
— Mark Twain