z

Young Writers Society

The Black Rose Can DRAW!!! ( I think... )

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:52 am
Elizabeth says...

Well I finally learned how to use the scanner
Apparently it waa hte last button which I never noticed until last night but then the scanner*printer*sopier wasn't working and I was like GRR but now that everybody's asleep I decided to scan some of my horrible artowork... let's hope it works!!!

I drew this in Advisory in like October/December ish. It took me 4 days and I was seriously bord and the ends of the paper kept getting ruffled up so heh. it's cut off at the bottom because it can be!!

Random avatar

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:56 am
Elizabeth says...

OK sorry if that is too huge... I tried to adjust it... ok here is another one
I drew it when I wa 11 or so and began to color it with gel pens but then the pens ran out of ink and I didn't have brown for the floorboards so I stopped coloring it.

Random avatar

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:58 am
Elizabeth says...

THIS THING IS MESSING WITH ME WHY ARE THEY SO SMALL?!?!?!?
Anyway I drew this in the 6th grade really quickly. I'm the one being yelled at by my best friend Hai Thien... who i haven't seenin over 1 year. She was the only person I knew who could yell at me and I'd obey. She had her way (she poked me really hard and told me to work) (Sometimes when she poked me she's be like IZZYPUFF SAY HEE HEE) (Sometimes she'd poke me if I didn't say hi to her :P)

Random avatar

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:03 am
Elizabeth says...

This is the only boy I am proud of ever drawing!
He's holding some sort of weird weapon-like spear thing that I just put in his hand.
I made him be a warrior on the coast, which explains why his weapon looks like a fish.
He has a lot of muscles... and i'm pretty sure I put them all in the wrong places :P

This is the girl warrior that I drew. She is my pride and glory.
Her weapon is some sort of dagger that wraps around her arm so it can't be knocked out of her hands.
She is wearing these clothes because i thought they looked cool (A girl i knew said she looked like a hooker with her fish net tights) (she doesn't though does she?)
Anyway she lived in the forest, that was my explination for her.

Random avatar

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:04 am
Elizabeth says...

OH SO NOW THEY FINALLY DECIDE TO BE HUGE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS THING HAS MAJOR ISSUES
Anyway, I should have put them in one thing i know but they might have ended up spending 30 minutes to load.
So yeha, look at them and then yell at me for drawing them.

And I'm out :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:19 am
McKnight says...

Very excellent job, add some color and they'll be sweet!

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:20 am
Crysi says...

I'm extremely jealous. Wow. You rock!
Love and Light

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:22 am
Kilty says...

I love the warrior boy and the warrior girl. Especially the girl. Excellent.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:25 am
antigone says...

I don't know how to critique art so I'll just say I like them. Alot of them are pretty anime-ish which isn't neccesarily my thing but I guess that's really cool right now. They were very well done and beautiful though, way better than I could ever do. I really like the one of little person on the big head, it's so cute. So great job, even though I have no idea what I'm talking about!
Siempre, siempre: jardin de mi agonia,
tu cuerpo fugitivo para siempre,
la sangre de tus venas en mi boca,
tu boca ya sin luz para mi muerte.

-From 'Del amor imprevisto', Federico Garcia Lorca

Random avatar

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:26 am
Elizabeth says...

Little person with the big head??
Ah... yeah, hehe.... that was a quickie job.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:55 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Hi, Snoink and I did the commentary, seeing as I have a semi-permanent residence in her stomach as she slowly digests me.

The Warrior Guy- We had a little trouble deciding what his gender was. Snoink finally determined it as a guy. I'll run on this assumption. First of all, he is very very metrosexual in his looks. Girls might describe him as cute.

The problem with this? He's a warrior. Warriors are usually a little more rough and rugged. This guy looks like a china doll. It's like trying to make Darth Vader look metrosexual.

One of the things that threw us off initially was the style of dress. Specifically, his bell bottom pants and shirt/tank top.

Guys don't wear bell bottoms. They wear jeans and cargo pants. Or just pants. On no occasion will a guy wear his clothes that low. The only time pants are worn that low is when a girl is advertizing. I hope to god he isn't advertizing to us. Another issue was his shirt, it's like you started drawing a tank top and then decided that he was a guy afterall.

His face aside, how is he a warrior when he has a strange weapon. What is that thing? Is it a small lance, sword, or some gigantic arrow? It is some mixture of them, but once again we aren't sure.

His physical dimensions are especially suspect. His shoulders are barely developed, his arms are very short (they don't even go below the waist), and his hands are straight. His chest is also highly exaggerated.

Decision: A warrior? No. Warriors are the sentinels and the fighters. They are injured, scarred, and chiseled. They have lines denoting how experienced they are. A briny sea only amplifies this effect. No such conditioning is given to him, so it is not convincing.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:06 am
Sponson Light says...

couldnt you cut the white space out?
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:06 am
Elizabeth says...

I just called it warrior because he has a freaken weapon. didn't have to tear him apart.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:40 am
Lollipop says...

Yay! Way cool!! I like the first one with all the poeple in it!! It's groovy!
Way hay!!!!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:19 am
Emma says...

The Black Rose wrote:I just called it warrior because he has a freaken weapon. didn't have to tear him apart.

Rosey, rosey, rosey,

They ain't tearing it part they're only helping you. If you followed that and understood it that information could help you to do better in the future. its all very good! And you carried on with something even if you were bored with it? Wow....

I'd say my fave one is the last one. I'd say its your best out of all of them. Keep it up and use their help to make you better.

Wait... Is the warrior wearing slippers? :P

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest