z

Young Writers Society

An announcement in which Art is very related.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:50 am
Tessitore says...

Recently I worked at Michael's Craft Store. Working = Discount = Canvas/Paints. I was happy. Lost job, however, but not before the project started rolling and now goodness has come of said project.

A local Artistic/Teenage hangout has taken my artwork on consignment. They earn 20% of my profits (each of my paintings are priced between $50-65) and I'm the feature artist for the next 30 days. I'm having a "Meet the Artist" reception on the 27th or 28th or some such date and I'm going to be in the local paper. Once as a mention in the gallery in particular and I may get a phone call a little in the future if the guy wants an interview for a story on me specifically. All my paintings are a 14X20 canvas (or something close to that), and look pretty decent. Here's some samples:

Modifications have been made to both paintings after these pictures were taken to make them look better. (Like Delirium's shorter hair and Death's ankh).

But just wanted to let you guys know that this is all exitable and blargity blarg blarg. Happiness is mine and all that jazz.

Toodles.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:05 am
Crysi says...

Congrats!! And welcome back, I haven't seen you around for a while!

That's so awesome, Tess. I'm so proud of you!! :D
Love and Light

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:11 pm
Bobo says...

Same here. That's awesome that you're getting featured, Tess! Wish I could sell some of my art. Actually, I almost did- the spouse of the person who wanted it convinced whoever it was to not take it. Oh well, I won $50 for it anyway, so I'm happy. And I love that first one; the second one is cool, but the first one is my fav.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:43 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Whoa, thats awesome. Its great that you sold your art. Congrats, Tess, and also good to see you again. Its been a while since you've come here.

I love the first one, and the second one is just...weird...in a good way, though. Reminds me a lot of Clive Barker.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

I didn't want to slow time, I just wanted to make a little rock.
— MomoMajesty's brother