z

Young Writers Society

Bella's Belt (and ribbon and stuff, left on the ground)

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:15 am
Bella says...

Once when Alice spent the night, we actually threw my belt and ribbon on the floor and it landed kind of like this. We didn't even realize until a good while later, and we weren't paying much attention at 3 in the morning anyway.

So, I began messing with it tonight...and ta-da, we have pictures! I have dozens, but i'm only going to post four now, each with it's own small description.

These first four are the first picture i took, only edited. This is before I began adding random items from around my room, aside from the notebook, of course.

(1) Original. Nothing was done to this picture to make it look different.

(2) Sepia Tone. Pretty much I put it into Kodak EasyShare and edited the picture's tone.

(3) Black and White. I did the same thing as in photo 2, only black and white.

(4) This one is a little more tricky. First I got rid of all the highlighting, so the carpet wasn't so noticable, because it was bothering me. And then I changed the shading so it was a bit darker, because it was nearly too light. And then I made it black and white, mainly to get rid of the background, which was maroon/pink/red like my carpet.

There you go all, enjoy!
~Bella~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:27 pm
Aedomir says...

I really love them all actually! Very nice!

The last one grabbed my attention, I loved all the cool effects and so it looks like they are just floating in the air.

1) Nice original. It's amazing how these things happen without our knowing isn't it? I'm loving your carpet. :wink:

2) Not bad - simple, interesting and good shading etc. The highlighting emphasis is good also, although I am guessing that was unintentional.

3) I like greyscale, again - simple yet effective.

4) This is my favourite. I do however feel that the book is a little lost. Maybe try and darken that a bit more?

Great work!

~Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:17 pm
Archstormangel says...

Those are cute. I like them.

The last one, though, I'm not so sure. It looks too fake, and you've lost too much. Maybe next time you could just photoshop the carpet out? Paint over it and then put an overlay over the image.

Yeah. I like the black and white. The sepia just doesn't go with what you're looking at.

Great shot, though. Heh. :P
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:41 pm
Maybe says...

These are great, Bella! They're all nicely done and very artistic! I think the third one has to be my favorite, just because the black and white effect works so well here. They're all really good, though. ^.^

Can't wait to see more!

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson