z

Young Writers Society

Acacia Lore

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:25 pm
Fan says...

Well, I developed my drawing skills and I decided to make this. Took me several hours. I tried to colour it, but I accidently mixed up some layers and ruined it. Second attempt will commecnce soon.

This is my main character Acacia Lore from a comic I'm making called Magiac Story.
Last edited by Fan on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:42 pm
Azila says...

I like it!

I think you should add a little more detail on the eyes, because it looks like she's blind or something. XD Also, the outstretched hand looks a bit too small for the head... and the fingers look a little messed up. The hood/collar thing is a bit wonky and the wrinkles on the sleeve look a little odd as well. :?

Other than those little things, this is really good! I can't imagine how hard it must be to make that on a computer. The hair is just perfect, and I love the sash! Fabric must be sooooo difficult to make.

I can't wait to see it in color!
~Azila~

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:14 pm
MidnightVampire says...

That must have really been hard. I would give the fabric some life because it looks sorta stiff. other than that, it was good.Good luck with your comic!
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:53 am
Ghostwriter says...

It look's nice. It's certainly better then what I can draw.

But it has a feeling that it was copied off some coloring book though...it doesn't have any color! Make sure of that and it would look like you had drawn it.
A person's heart is like a painting.
Because it's fragile, yet it bring's the greatest emotions to you.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:34 am
Kadie says...

This is really good. I've tried doing something similar to this before but i'm just not artistically inclined, unfortunately.

I agree with the others, the facial features and fabric needs more detail.

Also i think the hand is maybe a little too small.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:12 pm
Rydia says...

I'll not repeat what others have said but I agree with all comments so far and also, the face needs work. The nose is too low down and not really much of a nose. The eyes need detail like eyelashes and shading across the iris and the chin is a bit too pointed, even by anime standards.

The hair is nice though I think the curve is too high if you know what I mean and the outfit is generally well drawn but could use more detail. I think the position of the hand holding the sword is strange. Either she should be looking in that direction and not slightly the other way or it should be more relaxed, at a lower angle. Her expression and body stance is too casual to match with the rather tense grip on the weapon.

Overall, I like it and I can appreciate the time it will have taken because my sister is an art student and spends hours on a single body part but I think if you're serious about it, you need to work on the detail a little more and then add the colour. Good work so far!

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:26 am
Loose says...

The area around the neck is a bit off putting because it's dark, but all in all it's a good drawing.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:18 pm
Fan says...

Thank you all for your comments. I agree with all of the criticisms. My hands are still pretty bad, and I hate the way the clothes came out. I draw with biro normally, and doing things by hand is a lot easier (though with biro, there is no 'undo' function full stop).

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:10 pm
Sweeney_Todd says...

WOW!!! It's WAAAAAAAAYYYYY better than what I do! (you're right about the hands, but clothing texture is hard so don't give up yet!)
Your journey began before you manifested in physical form here on this planet and will not cease when that physical representation of yourself is no longer capable of interacting with this world.
~Silver Ravenwolf (Wiccan Author)

Rick FTW!!!!!

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:46 pm
Aedomir says...

Wow that's really good for a computer! Add some colour to make it more appealing; shouldn't be hard if can do this! :-)

Great!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:35 pm
Firearris says...

Wow, thats really, really, really, good! I agree, add more detail to the eyes, also add color, like Mark said. The hand is a bit too small and a little deformed looking... Very good though, wow, must have took a lot of work.

Great job,

~Fire
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

ow I can draw on the cumputer but I'm not that good yet*pouts*
-em
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:19 am
Sohini says...

Oh wow, this drawing is so neat. really chic and the folds seem to have been drawn at the corrct places. I also admire the posture.

Only, you should add more details to the pupil, ie, if your story doesn't describe oherwise.
And the hard does look a little small compared to the face.

I hope you manage to colour it soon.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 pm
Archstormangel says...

Critique:

The nose looks wonky, like it's too low. The eye farther away is slanted at an odd angle, while the eye closer isn't. Eyes generally go the same direction. Oriental eyes both slant to the same point and have symmetry, yours don't. The arm, and especially the hand, are disproportional, and too small for the size of the head and body. You need to make them thicker, wider. Also, the shoulder on the left (our left) is too small, compared to the shoulder on the right. The hood is odd and you might want to loosen up with the folds on the clothes.

In general, your anatomy is off.

BUT! This looks like a very nice image. It has power.

To make it more powerful, try to excite the pose in some way - more dramatic. Make the sword come to you, draw him/her in the middle of an action. The pose is, in general, boring.
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:54 pm
Ash says...

This must have took alot of time. You did great on this. Although the eyes bug me. But great job, keep it up!

the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren