z

Young Writers Society

Fotos de Mexico

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:09 pm
Via says...

So I played around with these a bit with black/white and sepia. I can't decide if I like that better or not haha. A couple, obvious, were not messed with. I may turn the waterwheel into a series. These were all taken in Mexico. There's a lot of them, sorry! Lol.

My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:36 pm
Aedomir says...

Wow Via! These are really great. I love the ones with the sunset (or sunrise?) over the sea. The palm tree one is gorgeous also. I lvoet he way you captures these. When did you go to Mexico then? The second is great too.

Well done!

~Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:15 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

Oh wow Via! These are great! Though, the first one looks a little blurry around the sides. My personal favorites are the second one of that bridge and the third to last one! Great angles on all of them!

Absolutely Amazing!
~Lulu
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:09 pm
Azila says...

These are really nice, Via!

1. Not my favorite. It seems a bit foggy and blurry... also, I would have liked to see the edges of the leaves on at least one side (probably the right).

2. I really like this one! The colors are vibrant and the pathway looks so mysterious and inviting--even though I think there's a garbage can at the end. XD

3. This one's not that special. It feels a bit blurry, and the theme isn't actually that great either. It might have been cool in real life, but as a photo it's just kind of... meh.

4. I love this one! Sure, it's a bit cliché, but the sun's just gorgeous. ^^ I would rather that those beach chairs (or whatever they are on the sand) weren't there, though, because they disturb the serenity of the sand.

5, 6, 7. These are all really nice. I think the first is my favorite, though because of the amazing tropical colors, and I actually like the washed-out sky. The second one is nice too, but something about that coloring (sorry, I don't know what it's called) makes me think of some state in the middle of the US, (maybe Kansas?) I think it's because it looks so dry. The third one is alright. Usually I like B&W, but this feels forced to me... it looks too cold.

8, 9.This time I actually think I like the "dry" coloring just as much (if not better) than the colored one. it gives it that old-fashioned feel. Although, I do love the normal colors as well--it's such an old-fashioned scene, but somehow the bright colors give a really neat twist.

10. I like this. The trolley-thingamabob looks so classic USA, then the fringe of tropical leaves across the top reminds you that you're in Mexico... melikey.

11.This one's okay... I like the whole "abandoned" feel, but I would have liked it more if the top was cropped off and we couldn't see the top of the fence.

12. This one doesn't strike me as anything special; it just feels like any old snapshot. I think I might have liked it more if it was taken from closer to the roofed area?

13. I really like this one! The plants, the random wheel, and the swimming pool (if that's what it is?) in the background all give a really surreal feel. I'd like to see it in color.

14. This is ok. It feels a bit cliché, and I would have liked to see the leaves a little better-defined against the sky, but I love you you captured the wind. ^^

15. This is definitely cliché, and I think you know it, but it's still pretty.

16. This one's kinda cool... though I would have liked the foreground to be more level... ^_^

17. I like the idea of this, but it feels a bit misty... maybe try upping the contrast?

I hope this helps!

~Azila~

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:17 am
Gwenevire says...

Those are really nice :)
I like all the ones with the sun, it really worked out!

gweny,

PS
you went to Mexico!? *pouts* next time take me with you, I wont make a noise :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:27 am
mikedb1492 says...

Wow. You know your way around a camera (and Mexico too apparently). I really like that first one with the palm tree. Well done. I also liked the wheel one after it had sepia.
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:29 pm
Rei says...

Yeah, I can definitely see the wheel pictures being turned into a series. Maybe a calendar or something.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

People with writer's blocks should get together and build a castle.
— Love