z

Young Writers Society

My photos--part 1

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 pm
Izzyeyore says...

These are my favorite pictures from the past few months, comments would be great!

1) So, first off, my cat.. yeah, i know, lame, etc... but he's winking :wink:

2) I always see these beautiful pictures of eyes., the depth of color always fascinates me, but I can never get them right, the focus is always weird, or something else goes wrong, tips would be great, since i was thinking about starting a series of images with different eyes..

3) These are just some funny dogs that I met in Greece this summer. Don't worry, they were just messing around

4) It's interesting how a body position and the folding of skin can make things, or at least our perception of them, change. This is my cat, the runt (he's not actually this fat!)

5) The view out of a third-story room in the Roman countryside.

6) Rain so hard that it can be photographed with my less-than-stellar camera.

7)Just messing around with perception....

8) Working with shadows and light:

9) last one, don't worry-- this picture reminds me of school...

So, yeah.. I have no high expectations for you guys liking these, but I figured I may as well, I have nothing to lose.

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:43 pm
Gwenevire says...

ello

1) Its kinda out of focus but your cat's cute.

2) Its kinda fuzzy, do you have macro mode on your camera? That's what is good for eyes.

3) That is cute! My dogs do that all the time.

4) That's one happy lookin' cat. I like it.

5) That is so cool, I love it. I wish I could be there and run through the fields. Oh the sun... Pretty!

6) I think you should have gotten more of the sky and stuff. I like how we can see the rain.

7) That's cool, I like the trees! What's the net doing up at the top?

8 ) Nice idea, its a bit fuzzy. If you get if focused it could be pretty cool. Maybe you could get rid of the ruler. It kinda draws attention away from the necklaces and shadows.

9) Ooh! Me lervs your eraser *steals*

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:49 am
Azila says...

Hello!

1. Cool expression! That's a pretty cat. But the picture its self is a little blurry and out of focus... I'm also bothered by the fact that the ears aren't in the frame. So: pretty cat, but the picture isn't very masterful.

2. One of the problems is (as Gwen said) that it's too close for your camera to focus. If your camera doesn't have macro, maybe try taking it from farther away but zooming in? Another problem is that it's a bit too dark. Maybe try lighting it from the sides (so you don't get light in the eye)?

3. Holy Schnitzel! That dog looks like it's decapitating the other one! #_# As a picture, it's alright--though I feel like there's a bit too much ground and I would like to see the dogs be more in the center of the frame.

4. I like this one. But then again, I am a sucker for black cats, so go figure. I think it's a little too contrasty for my taste, maybe you shouldn't have used a flash?

5. I love this one! Really, I have to say it's my favorite of them all. The view is so picturesque and beautiful! I also love that we can see the reflections of the window on the walls, and my only real suggestion is that you capture more of them.

6. This one's a bit monotonous. The whole picture is just trees with rain in the foreground. I agree with Gwen; it should be cool if you could get some other stuff, like sky.

7. This one's battling for place as my #1 favorite. I love how the stone pillar draws our attention up to the intricate, sun-laced foliage above. The contrast of the stone against the leaves is perfect, as is the little bit of sky peeking out from behind the trees. Love it. ^_^

8. Kind of neat, but like Gwen said, the focus is off. Also, I don't really like the orange indoor light... try doing it during the day, so you can have sunlight.

9. I like the idea of this one, but I would have preferred if the bus was in the middle of the pad of paper and if the paper was blank (I like the grid, just not the pencil drawing right behind the bus) also, it would have been better if the whole pen was in the picture. ^_^

Hope this helps somewhat.

~Azila~

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:02 am
Teh_Huntress says...

Hi!

1. :D A winking kitty! The only thing that bugs me is that it looks like it is missing it's eye. o.o

2. With eyes I suggest you take the photo in a place with more lighting, and hold the camera steady. Also, it would look better if you cropped the bottom and the left side, it would look better.

3. Are you sure they were playing? It looks like it would hurt!

4. I like the eyes. The fur and having it zoomed in does make it look giant. :D

5. That is so cool! I like the room, how the hole is. I like how it looks like never-ending hills. :)

6. Wow! Quite the rain!

7. I like this picture because of the view you got of it. For some reason, I like the branches

8. I enjoy pictures with shadows just because of how they look. :)

9. It reminds me of school too! ;)

Huntress

62 Reviews

Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:17 am
Izzyeyore says...

Oh, by the way, on the last one, the school one, it's not a sketch on the paper. It's actually my assignment notebook and by pure luck only the words

"STUDY
STUDY"

show :D
My policy on life: you're wasting it by being sad and making others sad, so hug someone today! :D

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:46 am
Blue Fairy says...

1) I love the winking kitty it's so cute and it's nose is adorable. It's fur looks so nice.

2) The eye: this picture looks a bit fuzzy and I don't think you should show anything but the eye because i can see the side of your face and the background as well. Also make sure the camera is pointing straight towards him. I like that blue.

3) Those dogs look funny. I think the lighter one has a cute face and the stones behind look really nice

4) awwww that cat's so cute! I love it's eyes they are so bright.

5) Wow that is an amazing view. It makes me really want to be there.

6) That's a cool shot of the rain. The green of the tree is nice.

7) that looks good. The branches look like they're resting down on something.

8) Those are really pretty and the shadows look great.

9)I like that bus.

~Blue Fairy
Formely known as Fairy_twinkletoes_13

Grab a pogo stick and come and....pogo with me!

Brains first, then hard work. That's the way to build a house- Eeyore

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:29 am
summergrl13 says...

I like this a lot (well, I love all the random things.... Hey, I should write a book called "Where the Random Things Are!"! That would be so cool;D ). And I think that your kitties are super cute. But nothing is as cute as the monkey I make at the end of every post/ blog/ entry I make. Here it is: 0(o.o)0
I will review for you! PM about it if you need one!

Come check out my new story at topic53543.html

62 Reviews

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:16 am
Izzyeyore says...

OOOO!

I'm completely resisting the urge to steal that right now :D

/,_/|
/==_ ( ^
(Y_.) / / /
) (_________) )
( /
|._ _____ |
| | | ( | |
| | | | || |
(,,(,,) (,,(,,,)

a random dog i just came up with....
My policy on life: you're wasting it by being sad and making others sad, so hug someone today! :D

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:16 pm
Aedomir says...

Hiya! I think I saw this but I didn't comment... :?

I loved them all... minus the first two. The first one, I think if you just get a better view. The second, try moving it about to get more focused image.

The rest, I loved!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson