z

Young Writers Society

Something I made for my mum for mother's day

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:43 pm
Autumn says...

I drew it using my new graphics tablet =] Some of it is messy cause I had to rush it a bit seeings as it's mother's day tomorow =P

Do you think I should take out the white markings on the cat? cause I think it get's a bit confuzed with the dress/wings..

edit: just realised the eyes look wonky too >.<

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:54 pm
Azila says...

That's so sweet! I love the purple hair, and the wings are very pretty. The eyes are a bit wonky, but they make the face look cute--if a bit lopsided. >.<

The only part that I don't like about it is the cat. It looks a little like a stuffed animal, the way its front paws are kind of flopping and the ears are a bit too narrow and pointy. :?

Other than that, very nice!

Tomorrow's Mother's Day?! #_#

EDIT: Looking back, I noticed that the angel's waist is a bit too skinny for her proportions...

~Azila~

P.S I love your avatar!! That's such a great movie.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:58 am
scotty.knows says...

Oh, I didn't mind the cat at all. I think she looks very cute.

It's good enough, I contemplated copying it, photoshopping your name out, putting mine in, and giving it to my mom.

The eyes, sadly, are a tad distorted, they should be just a scoche closer together. Her mouth, nose, and the general shape of her head are quite nice. Very professional.

Her left foot is a little peculiar, it's rather pigeon-footed. Except for that, though, her body is very well proportioned and believable. Her foot isn't even that noticable, since there are all those pretty flowers sticking up out of the grass.

I'm sure your mother will love it.
'Merikuh!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:42 am
Teh_Huntress says...

Hello Autumn,

I like everything except for the waist, the arms, and the cat's tail.

Cat's tail: The tail is GIANT. Cat's don't have that fat of tails, if they do, it is mostly fur; but it is too flat looking to be fur.

Her waist: It is too tiny! The cat's tail could wrap around it, it is so tiny! O.O

Arms: Look at the arm that is higher, it is so thin and small, then look at the other one, it is normal sized.

I hope this helps, but even though you have those mistakes, I think it is good enough to give to your mother. :)

Huntress

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:09 pm
Lucky_Author says...

Cute.

#1. -
The girl is random. The wings are random, and the purple hair is random. I don't know if that is a character (or is your mum).

2#. -
Maybe taking out the spots is a good idea. It looks a little busy in that the part of the picture.

3#. -
I have to admit, the flowers, are scaring me. They are big, maybe a little too bold in color, and maybe not have those purple = it makes it look too clashy.

For your benefit, you drew this very well though. The wings are amazingly detailed and well drawn.

Work on it a little,
**L_A
God made us cousins because he knew our
parents couldn't handle us as sisters.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:53 pm
Blue Fairy says...

The wings are great and i really like the dress.

The flowers are really cool and jazzy and bright :D

Her waist is quite thin but it's ok.

The grass looks very detailed and the light shading is really good.
Formely known as Fairy_twinkletoes_13

Grab a pogo stick and come and....pogo with me!

Brains first, then hard work. That's the way to build a house- Eeyore

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:45 am
gracenicole14 says...

I really like this!! I love all the bright colors. Your mum will absolutely love it. Two things:
1. I am still deciding on my opinion concerning the spots on the cat...they are a bit distracting, although very cute.

2. I think the girl's right arm looks a little too...jello-y. I dont really know what I am saying, but maybe make a more visible place on the wrist where it bends. Possibly where there is a significant "break" in the wrist.
Overall, great job!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:10 am
The Queen Of Doodles says...

Azila wrote:That's so sweet! I love the purple hair, and the wings are very pretty. The eyes are a bit wonky, but they make the face look cute--if a bit lopsided. >.<

The only part that I don't like about it is the cat. It looks a little like a stuffed animal, the way its front paws are kind of flopping and the ears are a bit too narrow and pointy. :?

Other than that, very nice!

Tomorrow's Mother's Day?! #_#

EDIT: Looking back, I noticed that the angel's waist is a bit too skinny for her proportions...

~Azila~

P.S I love your avatar!! That's such a great movie.

I agree. It IS sweet! And I like the purpleness...And there's something wrong with the eyes...

I think the cat DOES look like a stuffed animal, but the ears and paws are okay. But the tail. It's HUGE! :lol:

You made her waist TOO thin, and the arms aren't in proportion.

But I think your mom will love it. :D

~Judith :D
Call me Judith...or Sushi Man...or Pipsqueak, Carol, Knorr, Dagsbunny, Dith, Chups, Leah Jr., Nagaraya, Due Date, Braces, Jill, Jet, Sweetheart, Metalmouth, Jude, Mommy, Maria, or Bibi. Yeah, I know, so many nicknames. Pick whichever you preffer.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:50 pm
Jeni says...

I think the white marks fit well. The cat is the only orange-ish color there, so the white makes it blend. Nice job!-Jeni

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:47 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

I really like this! I love the colour of her hair especially!!
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:11 pm
Kepe says...

That is so sweet! I am sure your mom will love it! Honestly, I don't think the spots on the cat ruin it all all. Good job!

Courage, my soul! Now learn to wield the weight of thine immortal shield...
— Andrew Marvell