I was messing around with my new camera :D
Attachments
l_7dde217d390dd60f2e039dbfba43f254.jpg
l_7dde217d390dd60f2e039dbfba43f254.jpg (39.98 KiB) Viewed 501 times

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:21 am
Sleeping Valor says...

^_^ Pretty! Did you know those are good to eat? (well, not like that, but when they're still yellow. The leaves are great for salad, apparently)

:D Nice. I like it. Especially how the background is all nice and indistinct, so it doesn't distract us.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:29 am
Stockmar says...

thank you : D

yes I did know that lol, I read "Little House on the Prairie" and made "dandelion salads for a week. I never actually ate them though :D

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:15 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Ooh. Looking at this again, I might maybe suggest trying to center your dandelion a bit more. But that's it.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:46 am
Via says...

This is pretty good. I'm glad it isn't another "flower", per se. I'm so over flowers haha. I like the detail, though...pretty good.

Though, I would suggest centering it...get the whole thing in it to begin with. But, if you can't, then crop it so it's even in the middle.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:45 pm
canislupis says...

I took some kinda like that when my dad got a new camera. I like it! Its perfectly in focus and the detail looks really nice.

I think you shouldn't have cut off the very bottom part... But I guess you can't change that now. :lol:

Good job!

~Lupis

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:20 am
tinny says...

Very pretty ^^ I agree with previous comments about centering, and it looks like you've cut a very little bit off the bottom, so there isn't the whole sphere. That's me just being picky.

But good work. I'm kinda jelaous, we don't see meny dandilions around here, and the ones that are have always had a good few seeds knocked off.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:14 am
MidnightVampire says...

I like this, it's all fulll. There are no seeds gone (in view)

Pretty. That's all I can really think of to say.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:03 am
Azila says...

This is very nice! I like (as Via said) that it isn't just another "flower picture" of pretty, colorful flowers covered in dew. (not that those can't be beautiful; they're just a bit... cliche?) I like the fact that the dandelion is gray, not yellow and that the background is brown rather than bright green.

However, I agree with the other reviewers, though, that it would have been nice if you could have had the whole flower in the picture. Although I don't agree that it has to be centered--it doesn't. It could be very compositionally interesting if it's off-center.

Hope this helps!

~Azila~

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:05 am
Teague says...

You are such a showoff. *pouts*

Anyway, this is a nice photo! It'd be better if you took it into Photoshop or something and played with the background -- it's kind of distracting from the picture, especially that thing in the lower right hand corner -- and, I dunno, made the dandelion more of a focus? Heh. I don't know. I know nothing about photography, except that it works. :D

But hey! I like this picture. It's niiiiiiice. Haha. Dandelions are fascinating little flowers. Did you blow on this one after you finished? =P

Much love, as much as you show off. =P

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:39 am
Stockmar says...

I went around blowing off all the seeds of the ones in my yard :D

Did you know that most dandelions are clones?

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:50 am
scotty.knows says...

I was unaware that most dandelions are clones... thanks... I guess.

It's quite excellent. As someone above me already said, I might try centering it in the frame a little more, but it works. It's very enchantingly beautiful. I like dandelions, anyway, so XD.

Two thumbs up.
'Merikuh!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:52 am
Teh_Huntress says...

Hi stockmar,

Crop the right side a bit so it is centered. I like this picture, because how close you got the shot, you can see so many little details, and even inside the dandelion!

I like it better than most of the flower pictures I see. :)

Huntress

Courage, my soul! Now learn to wield the weight of thine immortal shield...
— Andrew Marvell