Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:01 am
Gwenevire says...

Here are some pictures I took.
I edited them in iPhoto after :)

Attachments
IMG_0004.JPG
The parking lot one.
IMG_0004.JPG (310.03 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Last edited by Gwenevire on Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:23 am
Cade says...

The first and second aren't that impressive, but I LOVE the third. It seems that you took the second and did a bunch of adjustments? They look cool and still avoid getting that over-Photoshopped look. Speaking of Photoshop, it's probably a better program to use than iPhoto. Maybe your school has it installed in a lab? I edit most of my photography in the school photo lab, which has Creative Suite 3 installed, which is awesome.

I can kind of tell that it was taken from a car, yes? Up at the top it looks like a windshield or something. There are a few things you could do to get rid of those spots, but I'm not an expert in using tools to get that much out. Again with the Photoshop...lots of tools you could experiment with to get them out.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:34 am
Aedomir says...

I agree with Cade. The first two lack... interest. They appear at bit boring and the second is spoilt with the cars in it. The last one...

Masterpiece! I know you must have made some changes to the photograph but I think it is incredible and it captures the scene fantastically! Well done! There really isn't anything else to say, but I wish there was.

Keep Snapping!

~D'Aedomir~
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

237 Reviews

Reviews: 237
Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:24 pm
Teh Wozzinator says...

#1: Haha, this reminded me of a picture in a book.
#2: It was really obvious that this was taken from inside a car, and the parking lot diminishes the beauty... but that was a nice picture.
#3: That was really cool. I know a lot about photoshop, as I have a job to edit stuff in it, but I'm not sure how to do that. It looks kind of simple what you did (sorry if it was extremely hard), but it looks like you did a very good job of it. If it weren't for the fact that you probably aren't going to find something that looks like that, it doesn't look like it's photoshopped. Amazing job on that.

And also, it would be nice if you couldn't see the windshield, but I know from experience how hard it is to get little tiny, numerous spots off of things.

Great job!

Teh Wozzinator

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you had used Photoshop, not iPhoto. I haven't used that, but I doubt that it's better than Photoshop... especially since it's a Mac program, apparently. Photoshop's really nice, you should try it.
Go K-State for North Division!!

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:26 pm
busboys and poets says...

1. This is the best of the bunch. It's a little on the dark side still, but I love the colors--almost bruise-like, yes? Absolutely perfect.

2. While it's a lovely sky scene you're trying to capture, the parking lot definitely detracts from it. I'd recommend cropping the foreground out and then working from there.

3. This one's not bad. You've made the foreground problem from the previous photo work here, by taking it out of the context of reality. My only complaint is that that monstrous glare in the center takes the attention away from how lovely everything else has come (with the vague hinting of form, that wonderful blue, the apparent juxtaposition of the celestial and the mundane) and makes it hard to concentrate. In fact, the first time I looked at this photo, my thought was, "...Ew." It wasn't until I looked again that I fell in love with it. If you're going for that sort of reaction--and I know some artists do, so I won't discount it, as it is undoubtedly effective--brava!
I decline to accept the end of man.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:53 pm
Azila says...

The first one is really cool. I love the silhouetted trees and wires! This would work really well as a wallpaper. But I would like to see the top of the tree--I'm a little disappointed that you cut it off. :(

The second one doesn't hold much of anything for me. :? The lighting is bland and the colors are muted.

I LOVE the third one! The sky looks so magical and fantastical! It looks like the classic "a quiet suburban town is the unsuspecting witness of a magical outburst!" :lol: Beautiful.

Hope this helps!
~Zills~

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:22 pm
Teague says...

The first and third ones are AMAZING. But the third one more so. Holy cow. You did an amazing job editing it. That one's harder to tell that you took it from a car -- because isn't it just an edited version of the second one?

I really like the first one, too. Something about the black tree on the green-ish background is pleasing to me. But it's a shame you had to take the second and third ones from a car. It kinda ruins it.

But man, that third one is brilliant. Excellent editing, dear.

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:50 pm
View Likes
Gwenevire says...

Wow, thank you all!
I have one more at my house, I will post it tomorrow.
I took them all from my dads car, and it was supper muddy that day :(

I agree with you all about the second one. It ain't to good, but I liked how the clouds where around the sun and the trees against the sky, I can crop out the parking lot and brighten it up a bit.

The first one was just me having fun with my camera :P
I really like the look of the leafless tress against the sky. I just like the silhouettes.

I really liked how the sun seamed to erupt from the sky, and how it was all blue and stuff :P

Thank you for all your comments and I will have the edits and the new one up tomorrow.

-Gwen :)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:52 am
Stockmar says...

I think that the third photo is a bit to blue. Perhaps there is a way that you can get the same dramatic color change effect, and have clearer detail. I don't know what iPhoto is, but it looks amazing (judging by the first two pictures)

441 Reviews

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:56 am
Gwenevire says...

here is the other one
Attachments
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG (697.03 KiB) Viewed 987 times

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:03 am
Teague says...

Ooh, I really like that one. Although that streak above the sun is a bit weird? What exactly is that?

To me, that streak is the only thing wrong with the photo. The clouds are a really pretty amber, and the trees are a good contrast. And it loops back to being dark on the top, which is both a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

Curse you for being so good at photography! [/jealous] :P

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

441 Reviews

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:10 am
Gwenevire says...

Its a sky scrapper (jet)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:24 am
Supermal says...

yes, the third one is much too blue. The last one, I think there's too much in the dark. The sky is gorgeous (even with the... Airplane trail?) and the trees are wonderful. The second (and third) probably would have been better taken completely outside. The dirt on the windows kind of takes away from the magnificance of the sky, although it also does create nice contrast but just the parking lot alone does that- cars, and then this vast, amazing sky
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:42 pm
Elizabeth says...

The blue one with the lamppost was my favorite...

I would have raised it htough, so you only see the lamppost and not the traffic and more of the sky...
That's what I could have done... but... yeah
I love them :D

Better than my black and white crud -_-

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:35 pm
Wolf says...

First photo: I LOVE this one! It looks like the sky is bruised -- very cool. I like how the tree's branches are kind of feathery and dark. :)

Second photo: This one... I like it, but it's kind of dull. The parking lot ruins it, I think. But I'd still love to be there. It looks like the twilight zone. XD

Third picture: I really like the bottom of the photo, near the tree-line, but the rest of the sky is way too fluorescent a blue. It looks kind of unnatural, like someone bleached it or something.

Fourth picture: I like this one. The rusted-amber colour of the sky is really pretty! The only thing I don't like is that you can see dirt in the top right corner from the windshield. :P

Fifth picture: Beautiful! I love this one -- it's my favourite. As Razor said, the n=only thing that bothers me is the jet-streak. Otherwise, it's amazing. =]

Overall, lovely photos! They inspire me to take some pictures, too. Who knows... maybe I will? XD

Love you,
Camille xox
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren