z

Young Writers Society

Trip to My Backyard

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:39 am
omgafilangi says...

Continued from the "Trip to My Backyard" series

Probably the least interesting picture of the bunch, an aerial view of part of the water...

My sister playing in the mud

Late afternoon lighting...scrumptious

More pleasing lighting

My other sister posing

If you look hard, you can see her again in the distance

Well thats my series. Comments?
NaPoWriMo

The purpose of life is to fight maturity
-Dick Werthimer

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:21 pm
canislupis says...

Hi!

I like these ones a lot better than the first ones.

1) I actually was interested by it, but the branch is out of focus in the foreground.

2) I would have liked that one better in color.

3) Again, something about the black and white makes it look a bit washed out. I think this one would be better in color as well. Something about how there isn't much contrast kinda bored me.

4) Not my favorite. Nice angle, but I've seen it before in other pics and if you are going to do black and white, there needs to be less motion in the picture, and better focus.

5) I really like this one, but she looks like shes in kindof an uncomfortable position

6) This one is the most washed out of all. The tree in the foreground is also blurry, and she is too far away to really see many details.

Overall: I think I'll echo my comments on the first series. I really want to see what these would look like in color.

See ya around!

~Lupis

66 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:20 pm
omgafilangi says...

Thanks for the comments (collectively from the first part of the series) everyone. I know a lot of you would rather see these in color, but these are indeed film, therefore theres not much I can do about the lack of color....anyways thanks again :D
NaPoWriMo

-Dick Werthimer

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 pm
Aedomir says...

I liked the first one, the others didn't really do much for me. I liked it, but the quality wasn't excellent. Improve that and I might be able to tell what they are a bit better!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

66 Reviews

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:40 pm
omgafilangi says...

If you click on them you get their fill size, that improves the pixel thing a bit.
NaPoWriMo

-Dick Werthimer

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:43 am
Teague says...

I love the ones with your sisters in them, especially the first one. It adds something of a human element to it? Meh. I'm not sure exactly how to phrase it. But I like those the best. ^^

I also like the first and last ones. They're pretty, and I imagine even better in full colour. The other ones... just don't do it for me. Too busy. Can't really find what your focus is. In full colour I'm sure it would be different, but in this washed-out old fashioned style, there's just too much going on if you ask me.

But I do like your photography. Keep it up, I'd like to see more. ^^
-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:00 pm
Via says...

I definitely like these better than the other ones, there is more of a contrast. But, they are still rather washed out...but I won't go over that again haha.

The last two with your sister are the best ones. The first of those is pretty good, but you should have had her take off her shoes to make it more effortless and natural...if that makes sense. I don't know, maybe I just hate shoes. The second is pretty good as well, but I think it would be better in color still to emphasize the fact that she is, in fact, there.

Good luck!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster