z

Young Writers Society

*bribes with cookies* Stuff i've done in my art class.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:16 am
Muse says...

Acrylics

This is my mum, LOL. Its pretty big..like A3 i think. Done with just colouring pencils.

An experiment using just ink and water. I was going for the kind of graphicy effect..

My most recent BIG painting. Its about A1 or A2 size..acrylics. Aye..its pretty big.

cookies, anyone?
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:31 am
PenguinAttack says...

The third is brilliant, and I can hardly stop looking at it. I love the style and the image itself. Though I think the lashes on her left eye are too clumped together compared to the other. Although this does bring out a small realism, which I enjoy the idea of.

The fourth is my next favourite, again, I like the style. And the pose is well done. I wonder if you're basing your style on anyone in particular? These feel familiar in style.

The first has to come next for me. The expression is fantastic. You have the eyes, and the nose perfect. My only issue is in the mouth, it seems set out too far. Somehow the lips don't look right, and it throws off the entire thing. I couldn't tell you how it would be fixed, or really what the issue is. It might just be me.

The second is my least favourite. I think because you have such interesting expressions and poses in the others this seems somehow bland? I like how you've done it, though she seems half angry and half sad haha. The colouring is well done, the eyes especially. They become a focal point, and rightly so.

I think you've done very well. The third stands as my favourite though. ^^

Keep it up, I'd love to see more.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:56 am
Crysi says...

Muse,

You simply cannot be gorgeous and be a brilliant artist at the same time. It's unfair to the rest of us who are only mediocre -- or worse -- in both categories. ;)

These are brilliant. I love the water + ink one -- very interesting idea. The fourth one is really excellent, although the nose looks a bit off to me. And I love the facial expressions in the first two. Very cool.
Love and Light

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:03 pm
Aedomir says...

I really love these! They are so vibrant and exciting. I really loved the lsat one, I just can't believe how good it is! Its not fair how some people can be so good at art!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:14 pm
Via says...

1: I love this one! It's fun but nicely done as well. There are a few things that are iffy but I won't mention them because I don't want you to fix them...I like them there--for some unknown reason!

2: This one is pretty good but I would prefer to see some smoothing? It's hard to do with colored pencils, but it does need to be a bit smoother so it looks less pencily...if that makes sense.

3: I also love this one! I would like to see something in the background though. But the ink/water is awesome! I love how the ink runs into drops and that is just amazing!

4: I like all the other ones better than this one, but it isn't bad either. Her whole face/button is very slanted and that just bugs me.

Great work Muse!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Reviews: 4
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14 pm
Soleil says...

I love them! the only thing is on the first one, the teeth are traced a bit heavily. And on the second one, the wrinkles seem a bit unreal. I love the hair and glasses on the second one. Im not very good at drawing those.
Le soleil est une belle chose.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:17 pm
Made_In_Demise says...

LOL! The first is great. Except her nose looks slightly deformed. That was one of the thoughts that just popped into my head when I was looking at it. And the one of your mom is pretty awesome. You're really good at art. Makes me slightly jealous. XD
"The things that we're frightened of, or told to be frightened of, are not necessarily the things that we need to fear."
-Michael Moore

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:32 am
scotty.knows says...

1st one: It's very interesting. Darkly fascinating. Except for the nose, it's done rather well. As an afterthought, it looks like she's missing a clavicle (collarbone).

2nd one: Hilarious. It looks like the cover to a tween-book. Just picture the words, "Driving Mom Up the Wall" as a title or something like that. Very dynamic. You also did an excellent job with the shading on her cheeks. Again, her nose is not the greatest, it looks like something is growing out of the bottom of her nose.

3rd one: It does maintain a graphicy effect, a little moody too.

4th one: I didn't like this one as much as I did the others. Something about the eyes isn't quite right. It's like there isn't enough emotion coming through them.

Good job though, you're an excellent artist.
'Merikuh!

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:26 pm
Muse says...

thanks for all the crits x
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:28 pm
scotty.knows says...

But what about my cookies?
'Merikuh!

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:48 am
Teague says...

The first one makes me smile -- is that slightly horrible of me? xD

The second one... oh, that expression is priceless. Yay you for capturing it! Lol. Your mum looks kind of constipated and terrified at the same time. I love the detail in the hair and around the eyes. And your mum reminds me of a friend's mum... which is weird because they look nothing alike. [/random]

The third one is really cool. I love the effect of the ink and water. The shading on it came out quite nicely. I love that one. Feels unfinished yet totally complete at the same time. Although... the nose seems a bit flat? Meh. What do I know about realistic art. My noses are usually just elongated C's. xD

The last one is totally homage to Picasso, yes yes win. xD I like how the eyes are off-kilter, gives the girl a sort of crazy personality to her. The detail on the neck is really lovely. And I love the colours.

It should be illegal to be this talented. =P

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:23 pm
Autumn says...

tehe, I love the expression on the first one.. and the third one is awesome too, great effect
But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:33 am
Lucky_Author says...

I love all of them. You are great at being artistic! Your one of your mum, in color pencils, wow, that most of taken a ton of time!

I think the first one is the most proffesional, and looks like allot of work.

Being a painter myself, I know what you most have gone through to draw those.

Wow, is all I can say.
Keep it up!

**L_A
God made us cousins because he knew our
parents couldn't handle us as sisters.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone