z

Young Writers Society

Aspects of the Backyard

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:46 am
View Likes
Katharsis says...

Various aspects of my backyard. (Edited for coolness)

Like mah pants?

The chicken coop looks decrepit, I love it.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:42 am
Rydia says...

1. Good work with the shadows but maybe a little over the top? Or maybe in the wrong place - it might be a good idea to block out the light in the corner and blur the edges a touch so the eye is drawn to the pants and pretty much only the pants.

2. I love this. Good focus on the flower and nice lighting.

3. I couldn't tell what this was until I read your comment to be honest but the angle is cool - sort of like everything is falling - and I like the plants. I'd suggest cropping the picture so that the plants make up the border more actually, just take a little off the top.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:23 pm
View Likes
Katharsis says...

Edited:

I don't have the software on my laptop to do anything too complicated. Blurring is too complicated. :( But that seems like an improvement on the coop. Perhaps?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:42 pm
View Likes
Via says...

1. The shadow is actually more distracting then anything. It could be okay if it weren't sooo shadowy, just a black thing...because we have no idea what it is.

2. This would be pretty good in the flower was in focus, but it's not. When donig close-ups of anything you have to make sure that the image you are trying to capture is actually in focus otherwise the picture loses it's edge and hurts the viewers eyes >.<

3. This one is my favorite, but it doesn't really need to be sideways? Also, try brightening the colors a bit to make them pop out because the colors currently are all very dull so nothing shouts above the rest.

Good luck!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:41 pm
cat4prowl says...

I'd have to agree with Via on the shadow in number 1. its very distracting. number 2. is very nice, i like the blurred background. Number 3. for some reason made me feel like I was in a horror movie hehe i like it. that's about all i can say, good job!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 am
View Likes
Myth says...

1 — The shadow is very distracting, it looks as if your fingers got in the way when you took took the picture. I'd suggest darkening and perhaps blurring the area surrounding the pants.

2 — I didn't find this one as interesting as the other two, the flower and background both look blurred, you could sharpen the rose and keep the background the same.

3 — My favourite, I liked the edited version but one thing you can do is darken the ground - the brown stuff.

Definitely suitable for a horror movie or something =]
.: ₪ :.

'...'

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:29 pm
View Likes
KookieKatie says...

I love them all so much!!

One that I have a bit of a problem with is one. The shadow editing is cool, but it is so overboard that it looks like there is something covering a piece of the lens.

n. 2 is my fav, i am in luff with it!! So adorable.

--KK
Peepsls on this website ought not to be so hatin against other writers!

It's hella hard just to post your stuff to this place, yo!

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm
View Likes
gracenicole14 says...

I really like all the dark colors you have captured in these photographs. The flower is a bit blurry, and there is a little too much shadow on the first picture, but overall, they were very nice! I wish I could take pictures as good as these!

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:59 pm
View Likes
Aedomir says...

I really liked them, especially the last one. The others didn't really do much for me, and the top one was a bit distracting with the shadow.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:12 am
View Likes
Stockmar says...

The third one is my favorite. I love the angle and the contrast of the leaves over the old wood of the coop.

You have chickens? No fair, I tried to hatch some when I was little. I had to give the two that I succeeded in hatching away D:

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:26 am
View Likes
Teague says...

I thought I commented this a long time ago? Hmm. Maybe I'm crazy. Which I am, but... you know what I mean.

*ahem*

I'm not a big fan of that black streak in the first one. It kinda detracts from the focus of the photo, which I imagine is supposed to be your pants there.

...Wow that sounds weird to say. xD

The second one is beautiful. SImply put. Perfect time to get a shot of a rose. And the blurriness adds a nice touch, if you ask me.

The third one is a little busy... I'm not sure what the focus is, but it's nice to look at. And the off-kilter thing is both distracting and cool at the same time. Wow, indecisive much? Lol.

Hmm... I think I like the edited version of it less. Not entirely sure why. =/

Nice photos, though! ^_^

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:03 am
View Likes
Fall_Into_The_Sky says...

1 - Is good but it looks like there is a rip in time.. I like it though it gives it an odd edge.

2- I really like this one the flower is out of focus. It's as if it isn't even real like it was painted onto the photo, which is really cool.

3. Love it! Let me guess a hugry wolf is coming to eat the chickens?? LOL I used to have chickens and ducks but rehomed them.

The jaws theme song would go great with this ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK ... re=related
The only wrong love is only one never felt.
Live to day as if your would die tomorrow.
Love like you know no other, dream as if they'd come true, hope because you can reach the stars.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:57 pm
kinzygirl223 says...

I think these pictures a very good.
They are very mysterious.
I loved them.
Good job
"Your opinion is the only one that matters, so why don't you listen?"

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler