z

Young Writers Society

Portrait photography

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:32 pm
Muse says...

These are experiments i've been doing using my friends :twisted: for my art project. My theme is "emotions" so they're pretty self-explanatory:

Im not so sure about this one. Is it a bit too digital?

I tried to change the composition a bit with this one

"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:02 am
Via says...

These are pretty good! I really like them. They are very artistic. I really like the black and white one especially (and especially the first one) because their faces are the center of attention.

I don't like the second color one very much, it's kind of ech and very studio looking, but I love the laughing one. :)

Nice work!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:33 am
Cade says...

The first is OK...the emotion doesn't seem real, as though the picture was posed, which it was...but I do like the feel of the image, especially the way the edges fade to black.

The second does not have enough emphasis on the girl's face...you might crop the image so that it follows the rule of thirds--don't put the focus of the image directly in the center. Same goes for the third image.

The fourth is so-so because the emotion looks so fake...it's hard to pose anger. But the last one, that's your best! It looks more genuine than the others, it's funny, and the exposure was good. You might crop it so that your subject's face is larger and you can get a better balance of negative space.

-Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:48 am
Firearris says...

One: I like the first one, and for some reason, I can't imagine it in color. Good job with this one.

Two: I don't like this one. It looks very fake and when I see it I think of a Dumb Blond. Another thing that bugs me is that is looks more like a Bird Eye view.

Three: This one also looks just a tiny bit fake, but pretty good! This one is much better than the one above it.

Four: I don't like this at all. He doesn't look angry at all, he just looks weird.

Five: This one is just creepy....

I suggest you take photos of different emotions when the people are really having that emotion or it will look fake. :)

Firearris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:47 am
darkdove says...

I like these!!! :D :D they are very thearactrical, like its from a college play. Like its a teen story...a satire or something. My favorite is the first one and the one with the angry guy. I like how its in black and white. You're really good.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:52 pm
Suketsune says...

I really like the lighting and the angles you choose for the pictures. The first one does look far too posed, almost unrealistic, same with the fourth/angry one. They are still good pictures however.

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:10 pm
Gwenevire says...

Oh purty.
I like the first one. Its almost mysterious...
I like the angles and the faces you used. Keep going :D

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:14 pm
Muse says...

Thanks guys for the comments! x
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 pm
Azila says...

I really liked the first and third ones. The second looks very staged, and besides her hair is kind of blocking the view of her face--which should be the center of attention. The last two are just a little...strange. I like the composition, but your friend is making strange faces. :lol:

Hehe... keep up the good work!
~Azila~

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:34 pm
localcreation says...

You bring your subjects to life and that is very key in the photography world; life and being able to connect. You bring to the table something that has been long forgotten. Beautiful work.

I hope you don't mind if I use the first one as my desktop background?

-Shane

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:35 am
DarkTestimonyofTruth says...

I'd say that I like the second one the best, although I think that it could use a bit of editing to give it less of a studio look. The first one is really good, too, it certainly captures a very powerful emotion.
Don't put me underground, I was meant for a life somewhere else.
Please, love, give me the wheel, before both of our hearts you
will steal tonight

-The Approaching Curve, Rise Against

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic