z

Young Writers Society

Some of my work from Art.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:08 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

I'm personally not that proud. A lot of the time it was forced work, my teacher is extremely strict and consistent with me, as he says I have potential. HA.

Don't criticise to hard, the mistakes in the paintings are obvious, and to be quite honest, a 10 year old could point out the some of the mistakes.

Thanks.
Last edited by Emma on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:15 pm
Gladius says...

O.O Wow. You're harsh on yourself. These are excellent. The only thing I can really see on the top one is that it should be more...squished. Like, the top of the purse is too tall, or something. The second one is awesome. You're certainly better than me, especially in painting *can't paint anything like these to save her life* XD Good job! :smt023
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

683 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:24 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

Aye, I see what you mean, I tried to squash it down by stuffing things inside, but it is quite a large bag, hence the tallness. Thank you very much. It means a lot.

Random avatar

Reviews: 196
Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:27 pm
Lady Sydney says...

These are fantastic! I want the blue one so badly. :shock: I've the perfect outfit to go with it. You did a wonderful job on this, Emma, give yourself some kudos! ^_^

I don't think I could have come close to doing something like. I can hardly make proper clothing for my stick figures. :? But anywho! Very well done. I love it. ^^

~*Sydstix*~
Formerly known as Silly Sydstix... as well as Aquarius Angel.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:35 pm
Alainna says...

I know nothing about art so I'll just stick to opinion.

The second one is great. It looks very realistic and detailed.

The first is good but the proportions are a bit odd. That could actually be the bag, though.

Yes, you definitely do have potential.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:15 pm
View Likes
Blue Fairy says...

i love the blue bag

i want it!

it looks sooooo pretty.

do you own these bags or did you just draw them?
I you do own the blue one i'm jealous.

well done.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:06 pm
Made_In_Demise says...

Wow. It took me a second to actually realize these weren't pictures. XD But Gladius is right. You're really harsh on yourself. Your art work is actually really good. If I tried to draw a purse it'd be a blob.

I'd love to see something you weren't forced to work on, though. They're probably amazing.
"The things that we're frightened of, or told to be frightened of, are not necessarily the things that we need to fear."
-Michael Moore

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:16 am
Monki says...

I agree with Maid_In_Demise. It also took me a second to make sure that these weren't actually pictures that were taken with a camera! Well done! Like someone said before, give yourself some kudos girl! I actually like the first one best, but that's just my taste. :) Great, great, great job!
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:34 pm
Via says...

First of all I should say this: these are both far better than I could ever, ever do haha.

Okay, now onto the critique.

The first one...I love the colors! The shading is really very good! The things that bother me are the fact that I can't see the whole strap. It's obviously sitting on something, but you don't know what it is so how is the strap now at equal height...make sense? It could be hanging off the edge of a table or something but we would have no idea. Also I feel like it's lacking some shading on the right bottom/side? Where the crease is.

The second one...I definitely like the first one better! But, I dont' really know why? Maybe there is just more detail or something haha. But they are both good. The top edge is a little bit ecky...but not real defined.

Good work! :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:53 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

Heh, I like the first one better, but that is just the purse.

These were beautiful. You have talent. You do fabric very well. I have huge difficulties with the shadows of fabric folds. Great job!

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:53 pm
Kadie says...

You know those mistakes you were talking about, the ones a 10 year old could point out? Yeah, i'm having trouble finding those...

You seriously have a lot of talent, i can't paint for s***, and i'm doing a frickin art course, great.

I agree with the majority, i like the second one best.

I think the first one is perhaps a little better at showing your skill and what not, but i love the colours on the second. Your shading is brilliant, especially on the little buckle thing on the first one. That looks really realistic.

Amazing job with these.

683 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:19 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

Thank you, it means a lot. The first one, where you cant see the strap? Ah, yeah, the strap was really long, and I didn't have enough room to draw it all in. The painting isn't that big. And I see what you mean, with the lack of shading. But to be honest, I was so pressured to finish these, I got bored. Aha.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:55 pm
View Likes
Aedomir says...

Wow! You drew that? They're really good! Don't be so harsh on yourself! Having said that, everyone hates their work fom their own eyes, except people who are just plainly vain lol!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:54 pm
View Likes
Muse says...

These are pretty cool. I like the way you use the paint. It looks like you wouldn't be afraid to rough it up a bit. You can really imagine the texture of the bags though, so well done. You're no half bad ;) x
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:54 am
View Likes
Firearris says...

These are fantastic!!!!! There is only one problem I see: On the top one, the strap shouldn't be cut off like that, go to the bottom of the page with it.

Firearris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took