z

Young Writers Society

Kadie's Photoshopping Adventures

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:06 am
Kadie says...

I mess around in photoshop quite a bit so i thought i may aswell have one thread instead of starting a new one everytime a make something new.

I used to be pretty decent in photoshop, but i stopped using it, forgot everything that i once knew, and am back to using it now but i'm not half as good as i was.

I'm not gonna post everything I've ever made, I'll just post my more recent stuff.

Veronica Mars Av:

By kadie at 2008-01-14

Made from: http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3037/vm118353sw6.jpg

Character Picture:

By kadie at 2008-01-14

Made from: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2003/image8689oa4.jpg

Forest Photo Manipulation:

By kadie at 2008-01-18

woman stock: http://godo-stock-inthewall.deviantart. ... e-43094244
landscape: http://stockcity.deviantart.com/art/Forest-05-53870759

Would love to know what you think :P

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:54 pm
Myth says...

I love the middle and last one, the woman doesn't seem out of place at all the way it did whenever I wanted to blend pictures. I'd be nice to have a border around the top one so it looks lik an vatar, but that's your choice.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:02 pm
darkdove says...

i like the character picture, her eyes really drawn you in. its like is where its suppose to be.

39 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:11 pm
Kadie says...

Thankyou for the comments guys :)

And Myth, the tope one does have a border, you just can't see it because it's white:P The message board i made it for was a different colour to this one so the border shows up there.

I'll have to make a new one for here soon.

Thanks again xxx

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:41 pm
Alainna says...

I really like the second and third ones. The blue of her eyes contrasts well with the black and white.

Your photoshopping is good quality on the last picture and I really like it - it's very cute.

Nice stuff.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:19 am
Monki says...

My favorite is the first one. You should put it on Iconator.com and see if it wins avatar of the day! It's awesome. I know I'd use it.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:21 pm
Via says...

These are pretty good Kadie!

The first one is very avvie-like but very cool at the same time! I have no talent for photoshop so these are amazing to me haha.

I love the picture where everything is black and white except like one or two things: in this case the eyes. It's very catching and very dramatic.

The third one is definitely my favorite! It looks like it's from bridge to terabithia. I love the colors, they are absolutely gorgeous!!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

39 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:14 pm
Kadie says...

Alianna, thankd for the comment, I'm glad you like my work.

Monki, i think i will try that Iconator.com thing, thanks :)

Via, thanks for he comments, i love the colours in the last one also, took me forever to get them to look right :P

Thanks guys.

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:18 pm
MidnightVampire says...

I love the middle picture. the eyes, bright agains grey, the thing that attracts people's eyes. The lips just look a little off, I think it's the teeth, makes it look artificiall or something. REally don't know though. Other than that, I really like these two.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:15 pm
chick_with_a_pen says...

nice work
i don't like the borders on the second and third ones but i agree that the top one looks like an avatar but i think mostly because its square and has writing don't get me wrong i like the writing but try it rectangular.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:17 pm
Aedomir says...

I really like the last one! Wow, that's really good
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:40 am
Made_In_Demise says...

Pretty! :D

First: I used to watch Veronica Mars...and the picture is really cute. I like the thing with the hearts. It looks like an avatar or something, though. Is that what you wre going for?

Second: I like the emphasis on her eyes. She's a very beautiful girl, actually. The contrast between the blue and the gray is gorgeous. Only thing I dislike is that she's almost too pretty and perfect...like a Barbie.

Third: Oh! This one is beautiful. Looks like something you'd use a background or hang on a wall. The only problem I have with it is the bumps on her upper arm and the blurring of the leaves and trees in the back. Or am I the only one seeing those two things? Or did you use a painting? Those artists are lazy, you know. Blurring leaves together and all that jazz. Other then that it's very pretty...

-Mid
"The things that we're frightened of, or told to be frightened of, are not necessarily the things that we need to fear."
-Michael Moore

39 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:29 am
Kadie says...

The bumps are there because the image doesn't display to it's full size. If you click on it you'll be able to see it fully :)

And thanks :p

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:29 am
Firearris says...

Hi Kadie!

I don't really care for the first one.

I love the second one, the eyes are really cool and the girl is very pretty.

I also love the third one the colors look so warm and welcoming, and the girl is really pretty and her clothes are good with the orange and red tones in the back round. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good job with the first and second one, but especially the third!

Firearris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:46 am
Alteran says...

We are so Best friends now! I love them all. I love the first mainly from the very clever LoVe. That was the best show. The second one is very well done. The use of her eyes was great. The last is brilliant cause everything matches up and you cannot tell it was photoshopped. The light hits here perfectly.

Hurray for Photoshop!
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner