z

Young Writers Society

Hands

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:38 am
LowKey says...

It's line drawing. They're all of my left hand, except on is my little sister's, and another is my Mom's. Guess which? I still have the pencil version, so any comments are welcome. I think I need a hand coming in from the left, over lapping the big, giant hand. I'm pretty sure I do, but where and how? Thanks!

Oh. An explanation on the big hand coming in from the top right corner. I really hate that hand, but our picture had to deliver a message in more than one way. One had to be explicit, the other where the viewer had to find it. So, being a zombie on the morning this was due, I drew in a big cheesy hand to make up for lack of message.

And if any of you can 'read', you might find my signature in there. ;) This is the picture of the inked version. Like I said, still have the pencil. :)
Attachments
Hands2editwhite.JPG
Took a picture, then edited it to be either black or white, just like it is on paper. It didn't quite work out, but at least you can see the hands.
Hands2editwhite.JPG (59.03 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 am
jessiieeboo says...

I have noticed that this has sign language with in it.
Very creative.
Uniquie(sp?). lol
Anyways, I look foward to viewing your other peices of work.
peace love +& respect,
jess♥

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:42 am
Gwenevire says...

Its cool.
I am currently very obsessed with hands. Especially long graceful ones... I mean.
I think you should keep going maybe add some colour. Let your senses guide you. Or it wont turn out!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:45 am
XXacidicbeautyXX says...

Those hands are cool. I wish I could draw. I've tried, and it looks like....well, something. Not what I was trying to draw though XD

Random avatar

Reviews: 196
Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:48 pm
Lady Sydney says...

Very interesting choice in Art, Dreamer. I think this is pretty cool, and I'm going to take a wild guess that your sister's hand is... whichever one is the smallest hand in the picture. lol I'm not really sure.

Keep up the good work!

~*Syd*~
Formerly known as Silly Sydstix... as well as Aquarius Angel.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:32 pm
Teague says...

I have the very odd urge to high-5 the screen. *does so*

Your mum's hand is the... biggest? Meh. I know nothing.

Anyway, you draw good hands! I understand they're really hard to do. But I think you've done a pretty good job!

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:41 pm
Myth says...

I've only ever attempted to draw a perfect hand once and it didn't turn too bad but these are really great, I wish I could read sign language. I liked the big hand overlapping the others.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

I love this! I like how the larger hand covers the others! Very creative!

~Lulu
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:06 pm
Riedawriter23 says...

Ooo I really like this! Very creative. I couldn't draw a hand if my life depended on it and here you have so many. 0.0 Great job. :)
I love, love.
*This wonderful crit is brought to you by CCF!*

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:50 am
Magnificent_Ego says...

If you are looking to add another hand, a larger one, I suggest bringing it in from the lower right area of the piece, for their seems to be more negative space in this area than in the rest of the piece.

The idea is very unique, and well done as well.

Some of the hands could stand to be touched up, for a few of them look rather impossible in their articulation. Look them over, using your hand as a model once more, and figure out where you have gone wrong. With enough time staring at yourt hand, you should find your mistakes.

--ME

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights