z

Young Writers Society

Dragon... :UPDATED:

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:43 am
cat4prowl says...

Okay this is my first time posting on art on YWS so... this should be fun!

----------------after several technical difficulties---------------

okay hmm I'm not sure how to do the whole thing so ima attach it k? i hope it still works!
Attachments
1227071721.jpg
1227071721.jpg (64.73 KiB) Viewed 791 times
Last edited by cat4prowl on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:53 pm
Gladius says...

Oh my god, that's awesome!! *is envious* My own dragons are still...rather...how do I put it? Round. >.> And the wings are still a problem... >.< But yours...It's how I want to draw mine!! XD Great job! Do you happen to write about dragons? lol
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:24 pm
Rydia says...

I think the head is a little out of proportion with the rest of the body but the details are great and it's generally very well drawn. I think the wings could be more detailed though and that front foot/claw looks a little off.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:42 pm
Myth says...

The wings are really good but the rest of the body needs a little more work, especially the torso--it loooks pretty naked at the moment. Add a bit more flesh/fat as it seems to be starving to death. Hope to see more soon =]
.: ₪ :.

'...'

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:01 am
cynicalgurl says...

The front-left leg seems a little small. Perhaps make it thicker and move it back a little? Back as in towards the tail >>. Thicker as in, how the back legs are.

And yeah, he does kinda look like he's starving... >.< Maybe more muscle? And a bit more fat.

Overall, I think it's the arm that's throwing it off. If you fix that, it might fix some of the other things, too. :)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:15 am
Alteran says...

It looks really good, The arm is misplaced thought. The front ones need to be higher up and further back a bit. You see the wing joints are located near the shoulder blades and the shoulder of its fronts arms should be closer to that joint.

as it is I see it standing up like a human more than a dragon. It's still very nice though, a well done drawing.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

135 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:34 pm
cat4prowl says...

thanks everyone! now that i look at it i can see what u mean and i might post a revised version when i can. i am so glad i got this much feedback! nobody i show things to ever tells me what i can do to make a drawing betters so this is awesome thanks!

Random avatar

Reviews: 59
Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:56 am
R. J. Hoffman says...

i like the wing structure, but i think you could depict the mussles around the wings a bit better.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:51 am
scotty.knows says...

I like the drawing, and the fact that it's a dragon seals it for me. Dragons FTW!

I agree with some of the other reviewers that the torso looks naked. He at least needs some shading on there to keep his body wholesome.

And I agree that he could use some more musculature. He looks like a very thin, and young dragon. Of course, that might have been what you were going for, but I think he would look better for some bulk.

If you want help with drawing muscles- and I'm not saying you do, I'm just spouting advice- you could try looking at pictures of professional bodybuilders. I mean, it really helped me with drawing the muscle as an actual working bodypart instead of just lumps under the skin.

All in all, it was excellent. I especially liked the wings.
'Merikuh!

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:30 am
cat4prowl says...

heres a revise :wink:
Attachments
0109081604.jpg
0109081604.jpg (53.72 KiB) Viewed 830 times

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:29 am
MidnightVampire says...

Wow. That's really good. My sister draws dragons too *random thing to say,i"m sorry*. The wings look so much better. I really really like it. Man, your the type of person that could illustrate their books when they grow up. Good luck.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:18 pm
rimewind says...

i like the dragon alot better now however it looks a little awkward to only have scales on the tail and head maybe you should make the spikes on the tail go down the whole body?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:14 pm
Gladius says...

I agree with rimewind. Also, the belly's too tucked up--the attaching line (wierd sounding, I know) from the belly into the tail needs to be a little lower so the dragon doesn't look so anorexic. XD
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:45 am
Via says...

I don't think it's really enough different to make a crit on? I mean, there weren't really any drastic changes.

It's actually pretty good, but I would like to see some colors! The detail is pretty good for the outline it seems you were trying to do, maybe some shading and such would do you well.

But I don't think the two versions are different enough to really crit seperately.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:16 am
Azila says...

The second one is much better. The smaller head and slimmer neck really make it look more real. Very well done! The only thing I didn't like (that's in both of the versions) is the back foot that's farthest away from the viewer. The claws are a little--awkward. Kind of squiggly and random-looking; very unlike the rest of the drawing. I also agree with Via that a little color could go a long way on this.

Other than that, very nice drawing!

~Azila~

I am deeply disturbed by your ability to meow.
— Carina