z

Young Writers Society

Coloring Pixel

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:30 pm
AsSunshineIsToHippies says...

NOTE: This picture is small because it was originally posted on deviantART.com as an emoticon. DeviantART's emoticons usually are below a 50x50 pixel size. Also, deviantART has a rather darker color scheme, and so that is why the wording may be hard to read on YWS because it is rather bright.
Last edited by AsSunshineIsToHippies on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once upon a time, I posted a magical message. Then everyone danced and sang keeping the beat with their hands. The End. :)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:28 pm
Rydia says...

It's very small so it's hard to see any of the finer detail but it's not a bad cartoon. I think the text is hard to read in that colour and it might have been better to have the figure leaning over a piece of paper and have the words appear there rather than on his t-shirt.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:57 am
Manny says...

The actual animation is cool, but I think the wording is inappropriate for a Young Writers Society. I agree with Kitty that it'd be cool to have the wording appear on a piece of paper.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:02 am
Loose says...

Wow, I thought that was cute! Even if it did have a naughty word (**giggles**) on it.

Well done!

Make more!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:20 pm
Sureal says...

I don't like the colour of the word 'coloring' - it's too yellow for the background its against. Perhaps make it something that stands out more?

Your detail and pose is good. In particular, I like the way you've done the mouth and teeth.
I wrote the above just for you.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:35 am
Via says...

You should have him writing it on the paper! We don't need his face, just his hand writing it! :)

Cute idea.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:07 am
Jeni says...

I agree with kitty15, it is too small, but pretty funny.-Jeni

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:42 pm
AsSunshineIsToHippies says...

Mantis wrote:The actual animation is cool, but I think the wording is inappropriate for a Young Writers Society. I agree with Kitty that it'd be cool to have the wording appear on a piece of paper.

Yes the word is rather explict and that is why I put it under the PG-13 category because in the rules for posting (although for Literature instead of photos) that I have to post PG-13 for curse words. Also, the reason it is small (I forgot to explain this in the main post and I will edit it so it says so) is because it is meant to be a deviantART emoticon which tend to be smaller then 50x50 pixel size. Also, because of dA's different coloring scheme, I had to have the white and yellow coloring for the words so they could be read clearly and accurately.

I must of been absent-minded when I made this emoticon because I should of done the paper thing that you guys were suggesting. I'd redo it but since making it I switched drawing systems and I'm afraid I can't redo the picture without the paper looking out of place.
Once upon a time, I posted a magical message. Then everyone danced and sang keeping the beat with their hands. The End. :)

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:38 am
MadHatter says...

I really liked it...even with the bad word on there. But, you did the right thing by rating it PG-13 so I don't see a problem with it. I agree with Mantis and Heather. You should really have it appear on the paper. Otherwise I don't see any problems with it.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

When a good man is hurt, all who would be called good must suffer with him.
— Euripides