z

Young Writers Society

Illustrations

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:56 pm
Lancrist says...

This will be the start and hopefully not the end of a thread in which I will post what I draw.

I did this one last night.
Attachments
Sabriel.jpg
Sabriel.jpg (320.34 KiB) Viewed 369 times
"Death will not make my end."

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:37 am
bubblewrapped says...

Whoa, you're pretty good Lancrist! I'm not much of an art critic, so I can't really give you any advice, 'though I will say that the edges are somewhat sharp for my liking and the face seems a little off somehow. Overall though, it's very good :) Kudos!
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:26 pm
Rydia says...

This is pretty good. I think the hips are too wide and the part of the belt that's drooping down should be angled to the side more and probably quite a bit shorter. I don't like the lips and I think the hair could be worked on. The chest and clothing are generally well drawn but his posture is strange. He should be standing with his legs a little further apart and his shoulders are just a touch too far back so that he appears off-balance.

I can't fault the detail on the weapon and the hand. Those are both very good and the eyes are nice. The head in general seems a little small though or perhaps the neck is just a bit too thick?

Overall? It's great. I'm often quite picky where art is concerned but this is well detailed and generally very nice.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:52 am
cynicalgurl says...

He looks kinda girly...

Sorry, but he does. Is there a reason for him to be leaning back like that? It just really makes him look curvy and because of that, if it weren't for the lack of chest, I wouldn't be able to tell if it were a girl or a guy. The sword looks cool, though, and I really like his hand. :)

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:19 am
kittykat says...

my friends have said my drawing is good, but they'd leave my drawing and go to yours in a heartbeat! Still... the face and the way he's drawn is a little to girlish for my taste. Why couldn't you draw the shoes?
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb