z

Young Writers Society

My doodles of 2007

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:16 am
little.angelfire says...

These are all doodles that I found in my notebook while cleaning it out. I thought I'd put them up because 2007 is ending and these are the last pictures I'll put up this year. Since these are all doodles ('cept the last one which I'm still working on) they aren't all that good, done in class quickly while I'm bored of listening to the teacher talk. Enjoy ^.^

1)

2)

3)

Number 4 and 5 are character for my story "A Hidden Sanctuary" the 15 year old one is for the first book, and the "one year later" is her in the sequel. I like to draw my characters and do pages like this where they are in different scenarios (I have a story for each picture XD) Enjoy Toki Zanza, the main character of "A Hidden Sanctuary" ^.^

4)

5)

6)

7)
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:50 am
bubblewrapped says...

You have an interesting style XD I'm watching Pretty Woman at the moment, so the drawings reminded me a bit of Julia Roberts' character in the movie heh. I'm assuming you've posted the story on YWS, so I'll have to look it up some time :)

Cheers,
~bubbles
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:07 am
cynicalgurl says...

The last one looks soooooo cool! I love the falling shapes! It's wow worthy. It feels like a story's going on in it or somethings happening. It brings a whole new meaning to 'a picture's worth a thousand word', you know? It's SO cool!

They all look cool, come to think of it.The writing doesn't show up very well on m computer, but I'm guessing this is a character for your story? The last one, though... I want to know what's happening there! :D It looks like it would be a cool story.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:07 pm
Maybe says...

Hey, LAF! I love these! Your drawing style is unique and different, which makes your characters all the more awesome. I especially liked #'s 2, 3 (her pose is awesome), 4, and 7. Nice job, and keep it up!

-Mays
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:06 pm
Yagaron says...

I think these drawings are great. they's be even better if you added color.
Fear the monkey! love the monkey! Monkey!
-------m--------m-----------
[ ] [ ]
[ ] (o o) [ ]
O

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:24 am
Via says...

They are all pretty okay. I think I would like them better if they were finished. My favorite one is the little girl, though she has no hands or feet?

A couple suggests:

Avoid random lines and finish incomplete ones. I really have no idea what some of these lines (especially with the arms) go to and they are really just distracting. Plus hands and feet are generally a good concept to use when drawing people :)

Remember that people aren't stiff boards. We have tons of curves (some good, most bad, but all the same curves) and I can't remember the last time I saw someone stand perfectly straight without being told to. A little body language goes a long way!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:15 am
Jeni says...

They are more than doodles, they are art work!Very beautiful!But, on the first few dozen drawings, shading on the outlines of the clothes is too light for the shading done on the bodies, but very beautiful.-Jeni

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday