z

Young Writers Society

My Art "Lucifer and the Duck"

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:19 am
jMin says...

I'm really into the ART of photography. Can someone review?
Attachments
03_min.jpg
"Holiday Pond"
03_min.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 522 times

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:22 am
Wolf says...

Oh! I really like this!
The sun on the water is awesome, and so are the ripples.
However, I don't like the duck, the candy cane and the plant/flower thing. The picture itself is beautiful and serene, and the goofy looking objects kind of ruin it.
The focus of this is excellent though, and overall this is quite good.
Keep it up!
-Camille
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:29 am
Via says...

I love it! The scene is very beautiful.

I also like the objects, but I have one issue: you can tell they weren't really in the water. I think the idea is good, but with water you have to be careful because objects produce ripples...these objects do not produce ripples. The lighting is good, though.

If these objects WERE actually in the water, then ignore me lol...I'm already going to feel stupid enough ;)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:17 am
jMin says...

This actually is a real photograph. I don't consider photoshopped crap as art. And I'm not a nature photographer, so the duck and the other stuff are supposed to create an intended effect. (Look at it like as if it it's a painting. What am I doing here?)

Thanks for the feedback guys. And I also agree that this shot is pretty goofy. I really hoped that you chuckled a bit!

More pics are coming soon, so keep an eye out. Hey, that Halloween pic on my profile is also mine. (self portrait)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:19 am
Alteran says...

That is very nice. It makes me think Santa took a swim. I like the contrast of the light and dark sections of the water. The objects give it a nice off balance to make up for the empty space. And the ripples give it motion and help pull the eye around the image.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:07 am
Snoink says...

Lol! I wish it were raining here. It's sunny everyday though. Slightly annoying. :P

I love the idea! The only thing I really had a qualm with was that the water seemed too dark compared to the rest of the scene. But it was pretty. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:05 pm
Rydia says...

I think it's lovely! Especially all the ripples, very nice. I think the only part I'm not so sure about is the candy cane. It looks a touch strange. Maybe if it hadn't been placed so close to the other objects it would have worked better? But generally very good.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 am
Jeni says...

I LOVE this picture!It is really cute and funny, I actually love the background and the rubber ducky.I love rubber duckies!!-Jeni

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers