z

Young Writers Society

Indian Village Scenes

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:50 am
Sohini says...

These are shots of an Indian village and the waterfalls of a neighbouring states(Ranchi, Jharkhand).
Villages in India are widespread and too many and this is just one of them, an oridinary one but villages here never fail to charm a photographer's eye.

#1. Quiet Life

#2.Mustard Field

#3.Farms everywhere

#4.Green hills

#5.Panaroma
To get to this waterfall, we had climb down 400 stairs and climb up too...

#6.Stairway to Nature...this was the way down to another fall(700 steps if you're curious)...but all worth it.

#7.The Plunge Pool

#8.Adventurous Kid!

#9.Caution...

#10.Magic: Rainbow and Dragonfly

So what's your opinion?
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:28 pm
Wolf says...

*Gaspness*
These are beautiful!
My favourites are #5, #6, and %7. But they're all simply gorgeous! You're so lucky to have gone to that village, it's so pretty...*stares wistfully at photos*
Anyways, great job!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:40 pm
tinny says...

Wow, these are all so amazing!

I think 3 would have been nice without the powerlines in the background, but I suppose such things are difficult to avoid.

The kid in 8 looks so cute, like he's curious about what's going on.

10 was nice too, but I couldn't really see much of the rainbow, and I would have never guessed that those were dragnoflies, they look so tiny XD

But I love them all, they're a world away from where I live.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:53 am
bubblewrapped says...

Wow, these are gorgeous! I especially like numbers 2, 5, and 6. I'm not much of a photographer, so I can't really give any advice, but I love the colours in 2 and the colour of the water. Lovely :)
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:51 am
cynicalgurl says...

1, 6, 9, 10 are my favorites.

You've added to the list of places I'm gonna go visit. I am SO going to go visit there. Your pictures are all so pretty. #4 Looks kinda smoggy... :?

Love the title on #8, by the way. ;)

:D

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:31 am
Manny says...

Those pictures are beautiful. My favorites are the Mustard Field and Stairway to Nature. I have an affinity for vines attached to stones. The more I see pictures from other countries, the more I begin to believe that everywhere is amazing except for the U.S. I'll definitely have to go to India some time. :)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:48 pm
Maybe says...

Hi Sohini! These are beautiful pictures!

1) This one is really good. I love how you captured the essence of the village in one picture. Brilliant.

2) This one is amazing. I love the colors and the sheer beauty of it. Great photo!

3) This one seems slightly plain, but still pretty.

4) This one is really pretty, but again, slightly plain... but i like the plants at the bottom and the left side of the picture!

5) This one is one of the my favorites. I have a sift spot for waterfalls, and this one is beautiful.

6) Really, really pretty. The vines on stone adds a nice touch!

7) Slightly plain, but still really pretty. I'd love to go there...

8 ) Aw, this is cute! I love the way you positioned the goat right in the corner. It makes it stand out more.

9) Awesome photo! I love waterfalls and envy you that you got to see that.

10) This is my other favorite. I like how you get a hint of a rainbow in the mist. Really pretty.

Great photography, Sohini! PM me when you post more, okay? I'd love to see it!

-Mays
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild