z

Young Writers Society

Hoobastank - The Reason

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:11 pm
HybridHead says...

These are drawings representing each line of the chorus from Hoobastank's 'The Reason'. It's kind of shabby but I hope that you'd like it anyway. :)
Attachments
PC080622.JPG
I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you.....
PC080622.JPG (279.87 KiB) Viewed 469 times
I love Jesus.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:53 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

I actually like this a lot. I love the song, although that might have been because I heard it so many times. It was really popular when it first came out. But the art is wonderful in describing each line, I really love how you did "start over new" as a caterpillar turning into a butterfly... It was beautiful and meaningful very cool. ^_^ Your art is also really good, I think the only one I don't like much is the guy in the las tone. He looks a bit too wide at the bottom, and his face freaks me out, because you drew him crying and it just looks odd....though the girl in his arms is perfect! I like this a whole lot. :)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

35 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:00 pm
HybridHead says...

Heheh, thanks! Well, the big is her dad and I wasn't really bothered bout giving her a fit father..haha. And the expression on his face is better detailed in real life. The camera picked out it's highlights instead. :( Thanks anyway! :)
I love Jesus.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 pm
View Likes
Sohini says...

Hey, I love that song too.

You've done a great job, given the song a whole new 2dimensional effect — I really appreciate your novel, nevel idea nd your effort.

Although I wouldn't picturize the chorus in the same way, it's really nice to know how you see it.

I think Hoobstank members would be pleased with your work.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:13 pm
View Likes
Gwenevire says...

I really like that. The pictures are simple and easy to look at. I like how all the words kinda rhyme its really purdy. Nice work! Keep going.
I could picture this as the beginning page on a comic book...

-Cheers
Genevieve
xxx

35 Reviews

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:36 pm
HybridHead says...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :smt111 You guys have indeed, made my day.
I love Jesus.

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold