z

Young Writers Society

Hoobastank - The Reason

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:11 pm
HybridHead says...

These are drawings representing each line of the chorus from Hoobastank's 'The Reason'. It's kind of shabby but I hope that you'd like it anyway. :)
Attachments
PC080622.JPG
I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you.....
PC080622.JPG (279.87 KiB) Viewed 464 times
I love Jesus.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:53 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

I actually like this a lot. I love the song, although that might have been because I heard it so many times. It was really popular when it first came out. But the art is wonderful in describing each line, I really love how you did "start over new" as a caterpillar turning into a butterfly... It was beautiful and meaningful very cool. ^_^ Your art is also really good, I think the only one I don't like much is the guy in the las tone. He looks a bit too wide at the bottom, and his face freaks me out, because you drew him crying and it just looks odd....though the girl in his arms is perfect! I like this a whole lot. :)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

35 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:00 pm
HybridHead says...

Heheh, thanks! Well, the big is her dad and I wasn't really bothered bout giving her a fit father..haha. And the expression on his face is better detailed in real life. The camera picked out it's highlights instead. :( Thanks anyway! :)
I love Jesus.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 pm
View Likes
Sohini says...

Hey, I love that song too.

You've done a great job, given the song a whole new 2dimensional effect β€” I really appreciate your novel, nevel idea nd your effort.

Although I wouldn't picturize the chorus in the same way, it's really nice to know how you see it.

I think Hoobstank members would be pleased with your work.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:13 pm
View Likes
Gwenevire says...

I really like that. The pictures are simple and easy to look at. I like how all the words kinda rhyme its really purdy. Nice work! Keep going.
I could picture this as the beginning page on a comic book...

-Cheers
Genevieve
xxx

35 Reviews

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:36 pm
HybridHead says...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :smt111 You guys have indeed, made my day.
I love Jesus.

I can factcheck ur flashback outfits
— SirenCymbaline