Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:36 pm
Prosithion says...

"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:42 pm
Via says...

This is pretty good! Though I am a sucker from fine, dark lines.

The only real problem I see with this is the shift between the waist and the thigh..it looks like all of a sudden the stomach is poofed out right before it goes to the leg and there isn't any large dent between that and the thigh.

Also the hat doesn't seem big or fluffy enough?

And the backleg is rather....straight. With the front leg there is definite definition with the knee and such, but the backleg is very straight with no definition.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:08 pm
Twit says...

It's very good! The only things to change is the way that the hat sits on the head, and the length of the legs. The front leg looks a bit strange, and the face looks a bit flat, and the plume on the hat looks a bit too fat with no shading. That apart, though, it's very good! Maybe add some colour in there somewhere?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:12 pm
Dream Deep says...

The eyes are brilliant, as is the scimitar. I think I mentioned before that the foremost thigh seems greatly out of proportion - something to look at.

Other than that, I bow to your mastery of Hussar pencil drawings. ^_^

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:21 pm
Emerson says...

I like it, but I have the angel at which he is standing because it looks as though he has no neck, and because his head and body are at two different positions, it's incredebly strange to look at...which is mostly because his face ends up looking flat... ish. Although, I look at it and then I'm not sure what I'm talking about... hehe. Lovely, Pros ^_^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Reviews: 3
Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:45 pm
EsqualEtMoi says...

For some reason I seem to like the outline of the face -shrug- It just seems cool to me.

I'd concentrate on also getting the size of the boots equal, the right one is just a bit flatter than the other one. Also the plume? looks a bit unrealistic, without the shading as twit suggested.

Other than that, it looks really awesome.
Qila: But everyone has to have a belly button! I've got a belly buttons!!!

Lee: My G-ma doesn't. Yep, she just took a look at it one day and said, nope don't want that no more and they got rid of it.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:27 am
Teague says...

I like the detail! I think that overall, it's a good drawing. Although he looks a little bit stiff and his moustache seems a bit misplaced.

Those are my only two complains, though.

And for some reason, I find his hat really, really amusing. I think it's because the thing sticking up from it reminds me of a bowling pin. xD

-St. Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:00 pm
Prosithion says...

The thing sticking up from the hat is the plume. All calvary officers had plumes of varying types on their hats.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:25 pm
Gwenevire says...

That's really good.
I like how you added all the detail in the outfit.
The face and the legs are kinda out of proportion but thats okay :D
Keep going.

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken