z

Young Writers Society

Cute Flower Girl

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 pm
Empress Kat says...

Just some fun with watercolor... my scanner doesn't pick up every little bit... anyway, what do you think?

Plan B is always "Die Trying."

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:33 pm
Layleun says...

I like it. Very good. The shoulders were a bit too square but that was pretty much it. Spice up the background by the trees a bit more and you'll have an amazing watercolor ^^

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 pm
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

I think her feet - the right one in particular - seem a bit out of proportion, a bit long. Also, the directions of her feet seem to be nearly mirror images, square... but her knees are facing different directions. Again, it's the right knee that seems off.

Otherwise, very nice indeed. I love the coloration of her dress and hair. ^_^

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:56 pm
Cade says...

It's like Legally Blonde meets Little Red Riding Hood...
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:34 pm
Twit says...

That's really good! My only thing is the shoulders need to be more rounded, but apart from that, it's great! :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:03 am
Via says...

I actually really like the style that this was done in. I usually don't enjoy all the white but I do here. I really do love the style. That said, I still have some negatives:

The shoulders are, indeed, square...as mentioned before.

The arms themselves are really just very stiff looking? And one is bulging slightly near the elbow. The dress lays wierd around the arms, it's also very stiff (the white offshoulder) which doesn't help the arm stiffness.

The legs in general are a little freaky. The pointy calfs really freak me out. And her heels don't have backs? This kind of style makes her legs look like that of an old woman, not a young woman.

Also, watch the skin tone. Her legs are so white compared to her arms and face!

The style though, kind of cartoony yet not at the same time, is great!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:28 am
Wolf says...

ئ twit ئ wrote:That's really good! My only thing is the shoulders need to be more rounded, but apart from that, it's great! :D

Ditto on that. The shoulders are a bit square...you might want to try rounding them a bit.
But other than that, this is great! I love the dress and hair!
Keep painting,
Ayra :D
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:42 am
Gwenevire says...

The shoulders need to be softened up a bit. You need more trees in the forest. And maybe you could make her a little girl with a ripped and muddied dress and dirty feet.
I think that would be cute.
Because personally right now I think she looks a little bit like a slut. :?

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:47 am
Jennafina says...

Very pretty! I love her facial expression, and how she's holding the flowers. The dress is cute, too, I like the design.

Her legs look disproportionate to me. I think her knees should be higher up, or she'd have really, really long thighs. Also, I think the curves in her legs could be a little less defined.

Your colors are so nice! It looks Easter-y, and fresh. The flowers on the grass are a great touch.

Thanks for posting! :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:04 am
Squall says...

The eye lashes and the way the legs were drawn make her seem rather distorted. The colours of shading is rather of. Either go with a certain tone of shades or make it black and white. Lastly, the heels doesn't really fit well with her. It draws away some of the serenity of this piece.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:38 am
chocoholic says...

That's really beautiful. I wish I could draw like that.

The eyes seem a little... disperportioned. Like she has a lazy eye or something.

Overall, I really liked it, now I'm jealous!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:43 pm
HybridHead says...

I love this! Good job! Little little flaws do not bother me for this is where the authenticity comes in. It's not like she's abnormal or anything. Thumbs up!
I love Jesus.

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien