z

Young Writers Society

Unwanted Beauty

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:51 pm
Gwenevire says...

This is a peace of art that I did in black sharpie pens.

I was just flipping through one of my moms art books and I noticed that most of the drawings where made with sort off ruffly scribbled lines. There where loops and it kinda looked messy but really good at the same time.
So I decided to draw something of my own. I started with her right eye witch is smaller than her left (oops). Then I continued. I made her eye lashes big and it reminded me off that evil lady from 1001 Dalmatians.
So I continued! Now here is what I got.

Sorry for not scanning it. I don't have one.
The camera made her hair look bad. Trust me there is allot of detail in it. XD

Enjoy!

PS
If you are asking what is that thing around her neck... Well I don't really know but, its a sort of scarf I guess.
Attachments
Photo 168.jpg
Photo 168.jpg (91.57 KiB) Viewed 608 times

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 am
Twit says...

I made her eye lashes big and it reminded me off that evil lady from 1001 Dalmatians.

1001 Dalmations? Dude, that's one load of dogs... it's 101 Dalmations, and the evil lady is Cruella de Vil. *pendantic idiot*

The nose and mouth look strange, and the scarfie thing is distracting, but the eyes are good, if a bit lashy. :)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:46 am
Porcelain says...

ahaha.
It looks like she has a doobie in her cigarette holder.

She kinda scares me xD
Like Cruella D:
NOOO!
THEYRE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU!
Bffl if you readTHIS

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 pm
HybridHead says...

WHAT?!?! I thought that this is going to be one of those artistic, sophisticated posts that require deep, artistic interpretation! :(
I love Jesus.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:28 pm
Via says...

The best part about this picture is the smoke coming out of the cig.

Other than that, there isn't much else that catches the eye. Her scarf...I have never seen a scarf stand straight up in the air like that? Unless the wearer was falling down a very deep hole. The detail isn't great, lines are unsteady, porportions are off-eyes, eyelashes, the head in general. The nose is a little to side-seen for a frontview.

I think it's a good starter piece.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:33 pm
Rydia says...

I think it's all a bit abstract and rough. I like the raggedy, messy bun she has, that gives her some real character and the cigar is pretty good but the face is much too long, the scarf thing very strange and generally your lines are too rough and the detail is very basic.

As a brief character sketch, I like the personality it shows but as a piece of art, I think you need to fix the proportions and add more detail.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

441 Reviews

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 pm
Gwenevire says...

Thank you all!
You all seem to complain about the scarf. Maybe she is magic? No one knows...
Well she is supposed to look like she is drawn very basic it was the style I was trying to make it in... XD (If that makes any sense)
Thanks for all your comments but I can't really do anything about her now she is in sharpie...
SHE IS ABSTRACT!
Thanks...

Genevieve

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:01 am
Squall says...

The chin, face and nose are out of proportion. However, the cigar in her mouth and the way that she ties her hair does portray her character.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

441 Reviews

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:00 am
Gwenevire says...

She is supposed to be wacky and out of proportion. Its abstract!

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:25 am
chocoholic says...

Cool. I loved the pipe-thingo in her mouth. It made her look so... evil. And so did the scarf thing. The only thing that stopped her from looking like a real villan was the face expression. Perhaps if she looked angry...

Either way, it's cool.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

441 Reviews

Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:31 am
Gwenevire says...

I think her bleak sort of un-amused face is evil enough for her :D
Thanks for your help! :D

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein