z

Young Writers Society

Photographs illustrating my poem

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:20 am
Sohini says...

Hey, I took these pics and edited them a little. They are the illustrations for my newest poem "She's Still Waiting"

[/img][url]http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic22504.html?sid=54033264e1589e311438c8b1916576ff[/img][/url]

#1.Image

#2.Image

#3.Image

What do you think?
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:36 pm
Via says...

I like the photos themselves, but I dislike the use of a doll unless the poem is actually about a doll. Coax a small child into it instead or something. The bottom one is my favorite, though.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:03 pm
Twit says...

I don't like that doll. It's got a disturbing expression on its face. But it goes well with your poem, which I just read, btw.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:33 pm
Gwenevire says...

These freak me out.
I hate the use of the doll. Its just scary!

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:20 am
Cade says...

The first and last (well, they're the same photo, right, only the last is in b&w?) are better because the they look less posed and have a very relaxed quality to them. The second has poor lighting and from that angle, you can really tell that the doll has been posed to look out the window.

The other two could use some more contrast and you should brighten the room more. The light coming from the window is a little overpowering. The doll's dress also clashes with the color of the room, which is of course solved by the greyscale photo. Still, the sunlight is more impressive in the color version.

-Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:34 am
Wolf says...

:smt104 :smt103 :smt118 :smt119 :smt105 :smt088 :smt087 :smt090 :smt108 :smt107

AAHHHH!

Scary doll! I mean, the photos in themselves are good, but I just hate the doll. No offense or anything.

The expression on it's face is...evil! It's cheeks look like lumps of cold hard fat. Again, no offense if you like that doll or anything, but I hate it. It's scary! Scary!

Scariness!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

411 Reviews

Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:24 am
Sohini says...

A left alone doll , as described in my poem IS meant to look ugly.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:15 pm
Snoink says...

Yeah but... why would any kid want to play with her in the first place? O_o

*is slightly creeped out*

I would pick a better model. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:57 am
Teague says...

*twitches* Dolls... freak me out. They all look like something out of The Exorcist to me. I can't help but look at one and just wait for its head to do a complete 180 turn.

But that's just me!

I fail with poetry, so I'm going to leave your poem out of this. Heh. *sheepish*

The second one is the stuff of my nightmares, really. Plus it looks kind of awkward. THe other two have more of a natural feel, which I (semi) like. I think I like the colour version better than the black and white one- the black and white one makes the window glare seem a bit... iffy.

*twitches* Creepy doll.

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS PIrate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

411 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:50 pm
Sohini says...

I have created a Frankenstein...yeah the doll looks evil but is actually not.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:51 am
Squall says...

I like the idea of a doll staring out a window. Many ideas and thoughts can be generated by the doll and it could go either way.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

I have to ask. Does every question or statement regarding the quote generator end up in the quote generator?
— WeepingWisteria