z

Young Writers Society

Mother and Child

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:41 am
TheEccentricScribe says...

One of my few attempts at realistic art.
Attachments
Mother and Child.JPG
Mother and Child.JPG (123.89 KiB) Viewed 986 times

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:21 am
Twit says...

That's pretty good! The baby's expression is rather vacent, and the mother's hand is a bit big and too short, but overall, it's very good! :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:11 pm
Via says...

The mother's got a brooke sheilds thing going on, which is good! The babies eyes are a little off, they just need to be the same color ;)

Other than that, the details are actually really, really great. I would like some darker lines but this is great for a rough start!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:35 pm
Saphira says...

This is really good. The mothers arms are slightly large and her face is a little angular. The baby is good and i think the expression is perfect. The shading and detail is good, expessionally the mothers hair.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:58 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Wow, this is amazing. You can certainly draw. I haven't got anything bad to say. :)
x
So's your face

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:14 pm
Gwenevire says...

That's beautiful!
You should continue it and add some colour etc.

Keep up the good work!
Gwen

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:33 pm
Rydia says...

I think you've drawn the mother very well, there's some great shading on her face and hair and I like the bracelet and ring. Some of your lines are a little soft but for a first draft, it's excellent. You need to work on the woman's chest a little; the outline of her right breast should be more visible because at the moment she looks quite flat chested. In fact, the baby seems to have more breasts than her. I think the one visible is just a little large for a baby.

Also, the marking near the bottom of the page, is that the mother's belly button? Only I think it's out of place if it is and if not, what is it? And that also brings up the question of whether the baby's belly button would be visible. I think it would, just a little below the mother's arm.

Overall, great job, it's a very realistic piece and you're very talented.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:12 pm
Linden Dante says...

I like this it is very beautiful, the only problems I saw was that the drawing seems to be in one particular shade of gray it would be nice if you added some dark shading to the picture. As stated before I think the mother looks a bit masculine as far as the chest area is concerned. I also think that the babies mid section looks a bit long, perhaps a belly button would help. Other than that I love the hair and the expression on the mothers face. Over all this was well done! :D

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:06 am
Kim says...

This is great, it is very hard to draw with pencil, using only black, grey's and white. you have the technique down.

now for the critique. The one thing that drew my eye to first was the mothers hair line. it is far back, like a mans. if you could bring it down a little it would soften her face up, and make it more feminine.

other then that it is a beautiful drawing. you have the talent.

kim

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:43 am
HybridHead says...

LOVELY. The mothers' ear's a little off though. Took me a while to realize that she's wearing ear rings. And loose the bangle. Make her arms less masculine. A feminine grip of a mother is strong enough. Oh, and make the child, yawn! Teehee...

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:50 pm
Alteran says...

The mother is great, very powerful shading. The baby is a bit odd, its face is blank, as already said, and its shape is strange. It doesn't look like a normal baby would to me. It looks a little to chubby, I think.

But really, it is very good. A great job.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:11 pm
my_wonderwall says...

its a nice drawing. i actually have a friend that painted something alittle bit similar to this. it was a mother and baby like this one but knowing her background there is definately a story behind the painting. you might have a story as well because its actually better than hers. shhh...

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:57 am
TheEccentricScribe says...

Lol, my story is: In art class, some girl brought me a picture of Brooks Shield holding her baby and said "Draw this." So I did.

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:48 am
Gadi. says...

Awesome.

I just don't like something about the mother's face. It's sort of masculine--the eyebrows are bushy. And something isn't right about the baby's eyes.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:53 am
Wolf says...

This is quite well-drawn. :)
The shading is good and the mother looks very realistic--I love her hair--except that her hands are a little too masculine looking. Also, the baby's expression is rather vacant/vague.
But overall, this was really good!
Cheers,
Ayra
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling