"Green Means Go"
---

"Au Revoir (Silver Wisps)"
---

"After The Morning..."
---

"Shoes Like Birds In Autumn"
---
Last edited by inky_libertine on Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
~ Plato

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:14 am
B r i a s a u r u s says...

I love all of these pictures

"Green Means Go"
Just the color and the burliness. I like it.

"Au Revoir (Silver Wisps)"
The colors and the clouds. Its gorgeous.
I like how the trees are black and the color of the sky came out.
Amazing.

"After The Morning..."
Eh, this one didnt really catch my eye.
Nothing to good about it but its okay.

"Shoes Like Birds In Autumn"
I love the creativity of this one.
The angel is perfect.

Good job on all these.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:20 am
Rydia says...

1. Not really my sort of thing. It's too abstract and blurred to have much of a meaning for me.

2. Very beautiful. I like how well ballanced the picture is and the dark edges really draw attention to the whispy clouds.

3. This one is a touch plain. A close up of the person would have been better or even just cropping out some of those wooden planks. There again, I quite like the shadow of the thorny branch. Maybe try and draw attention towards that? I didn't notice it until my second look.

4. The angle is great and the black and white of the buildings in contrast to the faint blue of the sky is nice but there isn't really much to look at.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:10 pm
Via says...

Mmm I think the first one is too blurry for my liking.

The second one is actually really pretty. I love the clarity of the trees with the color in the background.

This one is pretty too. It would have been a slight bit nicer if it were clearer, but you can't really alter reality ;)

I wasn't too impressed with this one...there are always powerlines everywhere and it's just not a spectacular set, hehe.

Good ideas and captures, though!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:47 pm
Kim says...

Green means go: i actually liked this one, stopping the path of light. and the reflection on the street.

Silvery whisps: this is a pretty picture, but i found it common.

After the morning: i really like this, the play of shadows are beautiful. i really like the shadow of the tree behind the subject. awesome picture

Shoes like birds: the angle the picture is taken from is eye catching. but i honestly coudnt find anything eye catching. the shoes are a different aspect

you are very good with a camera. keep taking pictures.

kim

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:11 pm
smorgishborg says...

Fantastic shots, I love all of them.

1. I hesitate to classify this "coffee book fare", but it seems like you almost tried too hard. It is very nice though, the reflection, and the contrast of the green is beautiful...
2. The colors are pretty, and the whole shot is bookended by the sillouettes of those two trees, and so it all comes together well...
3. This almost seems to cluttered, with what looks like a grill on the left and a trash can on the right. But the mysterious bhudda in the center refocuses you attention, and there is an interesting sense of humidity here.
4. A fine idea, sillouettes often look nice. Fascinating to see the reflections in the windows as well. However, the shoes, which are your focus, aren't noticable enough. Might make sense to crop this, or (if you can) go back and take this again, but from a closer perspective. Keep the windows though!

Great work, I'd love to see more.
Last edited by smorgishborg on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost

It cost $7 million to build the Titanic, and $200 million to make a film about it.
The plastic ties on the end of shoelaces are called aglets

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:04 pm
alleycat13 says...

I think all of these are great. The "Green Means Go" one is interesting, but I wouldn't have known what it was if you had a different title. "Au Revoir (Silver Wisps)" is what really jumped out at me. The color is so full. That's my favorite. "After the Morning" is pretty. I like the angle. "Shoes Like Birds in Autumn" is very unique. The angle and material is so neat. Where'd you go to get that picture?

And they all have a very polished quality. Very nice pictures!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:38 pm
HybridHead says...

1. It might seem abstract but when you think of it, it's just another blurred picture due to the shaking hands of someone holding the camera. With great abscract comes great effort. It's either that or a bizzare object of nature in the form of an absctrac art.. Like an emerald with a distorted monkey looking face or something.

2. Ooo lala~ I love the way how the sun peaks out and paints bottom of the sky in layers
I love Jesus.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:18 am
Shine says...

All are good pictures.

I liked the "Au Revoir (Silver Wisps)" :The clouds just amazing.And I go crazy about them.

"After The Morning..." :I find some sought of clamness in this picture.

Well done!
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:48 am
chocoholic says...

I really liked the first one. The brigt colours and the bluriness made it look really cool.

I wasn't so keen on the second one, but that's just my personal taste. I'm not into that hole beachy thing. But a good photo anyway.

I like the green bit of the third one, but the verandah and the person kind of ruined it for me.

I didn't like the fourth one, but again personal taste. The colours and clouds made it seem very bleak and it's kind of boring to me.

Overall good photos.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:35 pm
Sohini says...

#1: was that really you trying to shoot the road in a hazy way or did your camera shake?
In any case, I like your idea of not discarding the pic but using it as an abstract pic.

#2 Very calm and makes me want to listen to Japanese flutes for some reason.

#3 Nice subject, once again very peaceful but maybe you should adjust (i.e if you photoshop your pics, cuz I never do) the brightness to get it clearer.

#4. A little too complex but hilarious. May i know the history behind such a scene. Interesting subject but not that grand an angle. The lighting too seems a little awkward.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:11 pm
Gwenevire says...

Oh! I love the second one its purdy!
Good work...
I think you should keep "Clicken"

-Cheers
Genevieve
xxx

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:23 pm
Myth says...

Green Means Go: This reminds me of my journey home everyday, the lamppost to the left is a bit distracting other than that the lights seems to take shape in my eyes or I’m seeing things =]

Au Revoir (Silver Wisps): I love the colours in this one, sorry I always bring up colour too much, and the best part is the dark foreground against the background.

After The Morning: The Buddha, or whatever it is, looked like a person at first, though it’s quite plain I liked the colour contrast: brown switching to green.

Shoes Like Birds In Autumn: This is my favourite one, even though there are only three main colours, the shoes really do look like birds and what a great angle—I’m not brave enough to try anything new.

Great to see you've got new things up =]
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 196
Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:06 pm
Lady Sydney says...

Wow. You've got a touch of talent for photography! ^_^ I liked the first and third pictures, but the second and last ones were my absolute favorite. The second one's beautiful, and the last was taken at an amazing angle. ^_^ Beautifully done!

~*Syd*~
Formerly known as Silly Sydstix... as well as Aquarius Angel.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:56 am
Made_In_Demise says...

One word: Whoa. You seem to be a really good photographer. :D I wish I was this good. XD

Green Means Go:
My favorite part of it would have to be that you can still see the road pretty clearly and then all these random lights are all over it.

Au Revoir (Silver Wisps):
Is that the sun rising or setting? Whichever it is, it's beautiful. I think you really captured nature in this. The only thing I don't really like is the bushes in the way of the lake but it's still really good. ^^

After The Morning...:
I love this one. The shadow on the deck is gorgeous. But it didn't really catch my attention like the first.

Shoes Like Birds In Autumn:
The angle is perfect on this one. The shows hanging off the wires are pretty awesome. In this picture I think you gave us suburbians a glimpse of a kind of city life.
"The things that we're frightened of, or told to be frightened of, are not necessarily the things that we need to fear."
-Michael Moore

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2