Prince of the Saiyans.JPG (195.76 KiB) Viewed 508 times

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:26 pm
Twit says...

Woah, spiky haired dude on the loose!

Sorry, not very helpful.

The muscles and the ears look good, but the hairline is... odd. I'm not sure how to describe it - it's like the hair's tacked on. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the forehead.

Overall: good. :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:29 pm
Rydia says...

Ah, Vegeta. Great drawing, you've got the expression perfect and all the detail is very good. I think the forehead is just a touch large and the right ear leans out a bit too far. Also, he seems to have two triangles missing from his head just above each ear. I don't remember seeing him with those when I watched the series but then, it's been a while so I may be mistaken. Generally, this is really good. Maybe add some colour?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:43 pm
Via says...

The detail is really very good here.

The cut off of the top spikes is not attractive, however. But that may also just be the scanner's fault, in which case ignore that.

You might want to try ink instead of lead, or use the lead with much, much pressure because the pencil lines are rather distracting.

And just a "because it looks better" note, sign in the bottom corner rather than in the middle of the page, and sign smaller...it's very distracting when it's in the middle of everything.

Really, though, amazing detail!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:55 pm
Kim says...

the detail and shading are excellent.
i like how the body looks muscular, the edges are a little to sharp in some areas, try softening them up a little.

the only thing i wasnt to sure of, is the head, as said above, the hairline and hair dont seem to be a part of the character, the forhead just stops. try a little more shading on the forhead, it is alot whiter then the rest of the picture and draws your eye to it immediately.

one more thing, has nothing to do with talent, but you should never sign your signature in the center of the page, especially next to the main part of the drawing, (which is the face). my eye saw the signature first, then scanned the drawing. put in at the bottom in a corner, and a little smaller.

this drawing is very good, you definately have a talent.

kim

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:55 am
Squall says...

The details and shading in this is amazingly done. It looks quite realistic and does show a lot of skill in your work :)

I think the hair sticks out a bit too high. It is longer than the head of the piece.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:59 am
Teague says...

It's over 9,000!

Haha, sorry.

Anyway, wowza! I love the detail and the shading. You clearly put loads of effort into this. And his expression- it captures the essence of Vegeta very well. I'm impressed!

Although his ears are kind of funky. They're a bit off and look like giant elf ears. xD

*has very odd images of Vegeta in an elf suit*

O.O

-St. Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:28 pm
Gwenevire says...

That's really nice except for the big ears and forehead! XD
Good work

-Cheers
Genevieve
xxx

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:09 pm
TheEccentricScribe says...

You know, keep in mind that I am often drawing other people's drawings. It's more an effort of copying than creative work - I'm not a very creative artist, you see. I just faithfully reproduced an image I liked; I didn't come up with it. Also, in art, perfect symmetry isn't always recommended. Variations (such as different ear sizes) are sometimes purposefully included to create a more organic feel to the artwork.

Many thanks for the suggestions and comments!

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala