z

Young Writers Society

Necropolis Character

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:14 am
Empress Kat says...

Crysi's character, Joanna, from the Necropolis storybook. Dono put me up to it, I think he likes when I draw so he can out do me :D He should be posting his version soon. What do you think?

The coloring didn't scan very well, I know.

Plan B is always "Die Trying."

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:39 am
Crysi says...

*smiles* Very cool. Two different takes on Jo. I like both. I'm loving the boots, and the skirt's really cute. :)

Great job, Kat! I love the pose.
Love and Light

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:42 am
Areida says...

Ooh, very cool! And awesome boots. I totally want some. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:04 pm
Rydia says...

This is cool. I think the hair could be improved but I love her stance. The legs are maybe a little far apart though? And the chest is a bit skinny compared to the hips but nice colouring and those boots are absolutely awesome!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:31 pm
Via says...

It's pretty cool. It's much better than I could ever do, but with that said I have a few things to crit.

I think the face is a little off, her lips are doing a little "ape" thing, reverse evolution? Possibly. And as far as I know it could be a part of the story.

The back of the left shoulder appears almost like it's the front of the shoulder. When you look at your own shoulder, the front pertrudes while the back of your shoulder stays the same throughout your shoulder blade. Also her left hand (on the hip) has this lobster claw thing going on, which is an actual genetic mutation so again, this could be intentional and I would have no idea. The right elbow is also ultra pointy.

On to the waist and below....she had no butt! Everyone has a butt, and large butts on kickbutt characters like this as often attractive. Think about adding some booty!

The pen work, however, is very, very good. As you said, the coloring didn't scan very well, but that's okay. I'd think about filling in the boots a bit more just to make them a bit darker. The leg details are awesome!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:28 pm
Kim says...

this one is ok i noticed her proportions are not as defined as in your previous drawing . i like the angle she is in, although i need to point out what didnt seem right.

the face seems a little distorted, her jaw line is alittle long., and the arms lack the difination.
her hand reminded me of a claw.
and i agree she does need some butt added in there.

i like this drawing and the character, i really like the legs and the boots. we all all want them. :)

kim

If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang