z

Young Writers Society

7 year old (photography)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:55 pm
Knurla says...

This is my niece. She loves to be the subject of my photos, but this is the only one I had since it was getting dark outside.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:01 pm
Rydia says...

That's very creepy. I like the patch of light in the top corner but I think the tree should be more in focus. Great picture though and your niece is so cute!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:04 pm
Via says...

I think the dark worked a little against you in this one. Because it's black and white, it's hard to do a 'dark' shot without it looking too dark for it's own good. I like the idea, though, maybe just lighten it up a little with an editing program?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:33 pm
Jennafina says...

To me, it looks overly posed. I think I'd like it better if your sister was sitting down to have a picnic, or playing in the leaves, or at least not looking directly at the camera.

I like the setting a lot, though. It's very pretty, and it's really nice of your sister to let you take pictures of her. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:46 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Actually, that's pretty cool. It looks sort of like a shot for a horror movie poster - one of the older ones, though. All it really needs is a guy with a bloodied chainsaw lurking in the corner.

But perhaps that's not what you were aiming for. Hm...

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:12 am
MadHatter says...

I like it. I think it's actually sort of creepy with your cousin not smiling and the whole thing black and white. I really think it's good.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:23 am
Gwenevire says...

Its nice.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:39 pm
Kim says...

i like how the black and white work together, the light shining through the trees really stands out. i didnt see creepy in this photograph, i got the feeling of being alone. almost sad.

kim

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:54 pm
Twit says...

It's a bit too dark, and I can't see it properally. :(
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:04 am
hummingbird says...

The black and white is always a nice touch. She looks very sweet sitting there. It might have helped to lighten the picture and maybe unblur her face a bit to be able to see her features.
The picture is not creepy, I like it. But then i am a fav of black and white

hummingbird
I hate mean people

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:54 am
HybridHead says...

It's a good attempt but I don't exactly get the idea of this photo. I think that it'd be better if your niece looked away and if she did not block so much of the tree.
I love Jesus.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:52 am
Monki says...

It's her NEICE for God's sake people! Get it right! Not her sister, not her cousin, her NEICE. Very nice work. :)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:18 am
Teague says...

It's a bit out of focus, but I personally feel like it adds to the photo.

It's an eloquent shot, that much can be said. Although her face looks a little... off. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what's wrong with it. Sorry. Heh. *sheepish grin*

Anyway, I like it! I personally feel like you could crop out a bit of the tree, but hey, that one's up to you. :D

-St. Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:42 am
Wolf says...

It's kinda cool.
I like the kind of grey-sepia colouring but the tree should be more in focus. Your niece looks wicked though--she kind of has a lost expression on her face. Not emo, definitely not, but kind of lost soul-ish. If you know what I mean.
Cheers,
Ayra :D
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:44 am
chocoholic says...

I liked it. The black and white added a really nice touch, and the bit of light in the corner makes it really... scary.

Your niece looks older than seven, though. And her expression makes it even creepier.

Good job!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore